View Poll Results: Range and HD 9mm: S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size, 4-inch Compact, or Custom Beretta M9A1

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • S&W M&P 2.0 Full size

9 28.13%
  • S&W M&P 2.0 4-inch Compact

12 37.50%
  • Custom Beretta M9A1

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size vs 4-inch Compact, vs Beretta M92

Feedback Score

9mm S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size vs 4-inch Compact, vs Beretta M92

Primary job would be range and HD.

Beretta would be something like the Langdon Elite LTT or an M9A1 (Must be "G" style) with choice mods of my own. Up to $1K.

Reliability is a must of course, but after that looking for accuracy, speed, and handling.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-13-19 at 23:43.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    With that line-up? No contest.

If you wanted some guns that actually fulfill you criteria (outside of the Beretta), I'd drop the M&P compact for the long-slide in your line-up (or a G34, CZ P-10F, VP9L, P30L, P320 X-Five, &c.). And then I'd drop the full-size M&P for a CZ SP-01 of one variety or another. And maybe add a SiG P226 Legion for some spice.

And the Beretta will probably be the best option, even then.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    With the Beretta, I’d also consider the M9A3 if you have smaller hands like I do.

I like both series of guns, but I’d choose the Beretta.

Feedback Score
    Considering guns only, beretta.

If you ccw an m&p, im a fan of consolidating to a single “platform” for mag compatibility, inventory, etc.

Feedback Score
    LTT Beretta will rock the socks off of an m&p

If you are open to options Walther PPQ match. Or a Cajuniozed CZ Sp01, P09, P10F, or P07 if you want compact would be my choice for range/hd

Feedback Score
    If you want a new Beretta but don't want to pay through the nose get a Girsan.. I have a Beretta and a Girsan, the Girsan is just as good if not better at half the price.

$353 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806011368
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 04-14-19 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    I like Berettas but I would probably have to go M&P (either full size or long slide since you don’t mention concealed carry). A lot of personal preference there though.

I have a M&P 2.0 Comp 9mm and a M&P 45 Mid (1.0) that are excellent but I also like my Beretta 90Two and the M9A3. I can run a plate bay faster with the M&P though.

Feedback Score
    The Beretta is a fantastic full sized service pistol that is accurate, reliable, with a ton of magazines and parts out there.
    You can get a fantastic DA/SA trigger. You can get versions with excellent grip, replaceable sights, decocker only vs safety, etc.
    It is a great suppressor host. It is a very good production/SSP gun. Good for home defense, etc.

The main weakness of the Beretta is the lack of its adaptability to the platform concept.
    There is no longer optimized for Production game or hunting gun.
    The Centurion and Compact are still large and not truly compact. There is no sub compact.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    If you want a new Beretta but don't want to pay through the nose get a Girsan.. I have a Beretta and a Girsan, the Girsan is just as good if not better at half the price.

$353 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806011368
    Thanks but, Not digging the finger grooves, no rail, probably no decock-only option and have no idea about parts combatability w/Beretta parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks but, Not digging the finger grooves, no rail, probably no decock-only option and have no idea about parts combatability w/Beretta parts.
    Handle one before you pass. 90% come with rails, I ordered one without a rail as that is what I wanted. They have a decock and come with Italian made Metgar Beretta mags. The finger grooves are a vast improvement, handle one and see for yourself... The finish is WAY better then that of the Beretta's, It's anodised and will last forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast