View Poll Results: Range and HD 9mm: S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size, 4-inch Compact, or Custom Beretta M9A1

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • S&W M&P 2.0 Full size

9 28.13%
  • S&W M&P 2.0 4-inch Compact

12 37.50%
  • Custom Beretta M9A1

11 34.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size vs 4-inch Compact, vs Beretta M92

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    check pm
    Last edited by LMT/556; 04-16-19 at 04:10.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My M9A3 is my hands-down favorite full size 9mm. The LTT is supposed to be damn nice, according to the specs. I'd love to have either one of those or the Wilson, but haven't scraped the funds yet. For an additional comparison, I also prefer this gun over a buddy's P226 Legion that I have shot several hundred rounds through. Nothing against the M&P, but if I'm packing a full-size I'm going Beretta.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm sure the Girsan is nice enough, but there are $429 BNIB 92FS out there right now

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    I tried to like glock but just don't shoot them well (Gen4 G17). The SWM&Ps are easy to shoot, though I wish fobus had a better fit for the M2.0 frame. The 4" compact was created to be a direct competitor to the G19 in both size and capacity. I prefer German SIGs overall (P226), but for IDPA and such these modern striker fire pistols are great and shoot/point more like the SIGs and have a better break than glock, price points are great. As always ymmv...
    WHY would you put a combat handgun in a 20 dollar cheap holster. I have seen demos of FOBUS holsters being ripped off the mount on a belt.
    Way back in early LEO days leather holsters were sewn belt loops. After some time out in the weather, they could be torn off a duty belt easily.

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have M&P 1.0 FS 9mm and 2.0 Compact 9mm. My only experience with Beretta was in the 80's when Beretta first sent the 92F and 92C into the USA, IIRC from J&G Sales.
    Buying the 92C for Off Duty, no holsters were available, No KYDEX back then. Shot very well but I went back to a 1911 Colt Series 70 45 acp.

I think I am about to acquire a 2.0 FS 9mm. My 1.0 is machined from ATEI and has an RMR07 attached.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    WHY would you put a combat handgun in a 20 dollar cheap holster. I have seen demos of FOBUS holsters being ripped off the mount on a belt.
    That holster choice was for Idpa only, inexpensive and the paddle makes them convenient on the range. They worked well for Glock, not so much for the full size M&P M2.0...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    That holster choice was for Idpa only, inexpensive and the paddle makes them convenient on the range. They worked well for Glock, not so much for the full size M&P M2.0...
    Okay, understood
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123