View Poll Results: Range and HD 9mm: S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size, 4-inch Compact, or Custom Beretta M9A1

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • S&W M&P 2.0 Full size

9 28.13%
  • S&W M&P 2.0 4-inch Compact

12 37.50%
  • Custom Beretta M9A1

11 34.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size vs 4-inch Compact, vs Beretta M92

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Handle one before you pass. 90% come with rails, I ordered one without a rail as that is what I wanted. They have a decock and come with Italian made Metgar Beretta mags. The finger grooves are a vast improvement, handle one and see for yourself... The finish is WAY better then that of the Beretta's, It's anodised and will last forever.
    Safety/ decocker like a Beretta "FS" is a no-go for me. Needs to be "G" decock-only.

Also, does it have the latest version lock-block (often called a gen 3) that Beretta's come with?

Does the plunger-style Wilson Combat trigger return spring work in it like a common Beretta?

What about barrels made for a Beretta? Will they fit?

I did a quick search and learned aftermarket and Beretta grips do not fit but can sometimes be "adapted to fit"

Mags interchange at least.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Safety/ decocker like a Beretta "FS" is a no-go for me. Needs to be "G" decock-only.

Also, does it have the latest version lock-block (often called a gen 3) that Beretta's come with?

Does the plunger-style Wilson Combat trigger return spring work in it like a common Beretta?

What about barrels made for a Beretta? Will they fit?

I did a quick search and learned aftermarket and Beretta grips do not fit but can sometimes be "adapted to fit"

Mags interchange at least.
    Watch the video.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Thanks!

Barrel, locking block, and slide are not compatable with Beretta parts. How long will the Girsan-design locking block last?

Still unknown if the trigger / safety / decocker parts / firing pins interchange with Beretta's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks!

Barrel, locking block, and slide are not compatable with Beretta parts. How long will the Girsan-design locking block last?

Still unknown if the trigger / safety / decocker parts / firing pins interchange with Beretta's.
    They changed the design for a reason, how long does a Beretta design locking block last ?

IMHO I doubt I will ever have to replace anything... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

PS, The Beretta is a very nice pistol, but not quite as nice as the Girsan and certainly not worth twice the money. It's your choice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just went deep into SW M&P M2.0, a compact 9mm (4.0"), fullsize 9mm (4.25") and fullsize 45 (4.6"). They point very naturally and are an easy shoot. The compact comes with spacers for the fullsize 17rnd mags which is cool. They have a nice feel in the hand and make nice glock replacements. Price has been right too at $399, 349, and 399 respectively (cheaper than blue label pricing). If only one the 4.0 or 3.6 compact offers the most flexibility for CC probably.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don't let the haters get to you. If the M&P Compact scratches your itch and does what you need, then good for you.
    If you want to improve the trigger pull, Apex is always an option, not a requirement.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    If the M&P Compact scratches your itch and does what you need, then good for you.
    If you want to improve the trigger pull, Apex is always an option, not a requirement.
    Mark
    I tried to like glock but just don't shoot them well (Gen4 G17). The SWM&Ps are easy to shoot, though I wish fobus had a better fit for the M2.0 frame. The 4" compact was created to be a direct competitor to the G19 in both size and capacity. I prefer German SIGs overall (P226), but for IDPA and such these modern striker fire pistols are great and shoot/point more like the SIGs and have a better break than glock, price points are great. As always ymmv...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    I just went deep into SW M&P M2.0, a compact 9mm (4.0"), fullsize 9mm (4.25") and fullsize 45 (4.6"). They point very naturally and are an easy shoot. The compact comes with spacers for the fullsize 17rnd mags which is cool. They have a nice feel in the hand and make nice glock replacements. Price has been right too at $399, 349, and 399 respectively (cheaper than blue label pricing). If only one the 4.0 or 3.6 compact offers the most flexibility for CC probably.
    That's true. If CC is any consideration it would be the M&P Compact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast