Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Small-of-back carry...butt-down/palm-out?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yep, but not available for any of the guns I carry.
    Well James, quit fooling around with Ms Moneypenny, I'm sure that 'Q' has a nice 9mm about the size of the PPK, maybe a Glock 43 at just a smidge longer in the grip.

Just kidding, I bet you have reasons for staying with the PPK.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well James, quit fooling around with Ms Moneypenny, I'm sure that 'Q' has a nice 9mm about the size of the PPK, maybe a Glock 43 at just a smidge longer in the grip.

Just kidding, I bet you have reasons for staying with the PPK.
    PPS...not a PPK fan, particularly

Last edited by Hmac; 04-15-19 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Depends on the individual. When I first started carrying that's how I carried. No problems. Car seats are soft, so is just about everything else you sit on
    I don't have don't yet want a soft car seat. I like support and bolstering so I don't have to stress the steering wheel to stay in that seat!

As for rest of time you obviously lead a life of luxury lounging in soft seats where you live and everywhere you go. I envy, you, sir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    PPS...not a PPK fan, particularly

Whoa...lets not pick on the Beretta 418.

Edited to add: while the PPK .380 is no fun to shoot, the 7.65 / .32 gets a pass and is a cool gun still.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-15-19 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I don't have don't yet want a soft car seat. I like support and bolstering so I don't have to stress the steering wheel to stay in that seat!

As for rest of time you obviously lead a life of luxury lounging in soft seats where you live and everywhere you go. I envy, you, sir.
    They're all soft unless you have metal or wooden car seats and home furniture. Some may be more FIRM than others but it's still foam/springs and cloth or leather cover. Everything that gives way when one sits/lays on it.

So I guess if I'm not sleeping on concrete or a park bench and not sitting on metal chairs then sure....life of luxury!
    Last edited by Arik; 04-16-19 at 06:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Whoa...lets not pick on the Beretta 418.

Edited to add: while the PPK .380 is no fun to shoot, the 7.65 / .32 gets a pass and is a cool gun still.
    I care less about "cool guns", more about the lethality and shootability that they bring to the party.

Anyway, I'm not picking on the 418. That was Q, who dissed it as a lady's gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, excuse me my ignorance, I have limited brain power and can't commit movie dialog to memory as well as some of you, is the 'Jelly Beans' from a Bond movie? (Also, got to admit I didn't watch most of them.)
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, excuse me my ignorance, I have limited brain power and can't commit movie dialog to memory as well as some of you, is the 'Jelly Beans' from a Bond movie? (Also, got to admit I didn't watch most of them.)
    Old Magpul reference

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Over a decade ago, I carried SOB, but I did it IWB.

I moved to Dallas during that period, and there was a day where it was freezing. The parking lot of the apartment I lived at was on a hill. And, there was a fire hydrant that leaked all the time. I was walking back from checking the mail, and I was looking at my mail. I walked threw the "water" that was always leaking from the hydrant, but that day it was frozen.

I fell and landed right on my butt. Thankfully, that particular day, I had used an OWB holster, and my pistol was at the 3 o'clock position. If I had been carry SOB that day, I would have damaged my back tremendously, when I fell on the concrete parking lot. It hurt bad enough as it was. But, I could have broken some bones, or worse yet - paralyzed myself...

I have NEVER carried SOB after that day
    . That was back in 2004.

Be aware that in some fights, some attackers like to shove and push someone on their butt really quickly. I've seen some surveillance videos shown of fights that have made it on the net or tv - and the attacker has done that. I think it's a bad idea to carry SOB, because it is too easy to get hurt if you fall or get pushed.

But, suit yourself...
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 04-16-19 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Over a decade ago, I carried SOB, but I did it IWB.

I moved to Dallas during that period, and there was a day where it was freezing. The parking lot of the apartment I lived at was on a hill. And, there was a fire hydrant that leaked all the time. I was walking back from checking the mail, and I was looking at my mail. I walked threw the "water" that was always leaking from the hydrant, but that day it was frozen.

I fell and landed right on my butt. Thankfully, that particular day, I had used an OWB holster, and my pistol was at the 3 o'clock position. If I had been carry SOB that day, I would have damaged my back tremendously, when I fell on the concrete parking lot. It hurt bad enough as it was. But, I could have broken some bones, or worse yet - paralyzed myself...

I have NEVER carried SOB after that day
    . That was back in 2004.

Be aware that in some fights, some attackers like to shove and push someone on their butt really quickly. I've seen some surveillance videos shown of fights that have made it on the net or tv - and the attacker has done that. I think it's a bad idea to carry SOB, because it is too easy to get hurt if you fall or get pushed.

But, suit yourself...
    Yes. Carrying a gun can be dangerous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast