Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Small-of-back carry...butt-down/palm-out?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Certainly you could not be referring to me here. I mentioned carrying appendix and the benefits and compromises of the position. I hardly believe it, or anything else, to be universally "optimal."

Again, just trying to foster some discussion of a method of carry I have never heard of. Maybe the correct approach would have been to start a second thread.
    Not referring to anybody or any thread in particular. It's a common topic that comes up whenever the internet discusses methods of firearms carry, however, and an example of the power of rationalization when it comes to (unnecessarily) justifying personal preference. I've seen some bizarre methods of carry over the years. I don't judge anyone's particular preferences for firearms or holsters...irrelevant to me as long as it doesn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    And to the point of the thread, perhaps a left handed cross draw holster would get you where you want to be. Some have a little more severe of a cant
    Yeah, that's where I'm focused on addressing the SOB issue. It's not an overriding quest...just something I'm casually pursuing. My carry needs are generally met by a leather DeSantis Speed Scabbard, which works well, for me, for the three or four different guns that I might carry. I have one for each. I just picked up a VP9sk...expecting a holster from UPS today so I can see if that double-stack beast will work for me for concealed carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmac - Based on this thread and since I'm rolling in dough (what my wife says I think) I ordered a right hand DeSantis Criss Cross for my Glock 43. The experiment was a failure in my view. The thing was flopping all over the place back there. I reversed it and put it on with the holster inside the belt and the belt loop/slide out. That calmed things down quite a bit, but dang it I'm left handed. For it to work for me I should have ordered a left hand cross draw and flipped it.

I know that DeSantis doesn't make one for your Walther, but wanted to let you know in case you did find a cross draw that fits.

Since you don't except PM's now the whole internet knows of my folly.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. The whole SOB thing for me is a work in progress...not a high priority. None of us has holsters that work great for us in all circumstances. I don’t carry a gun that often and the stuff I use works well for most situations but I’m just trying to fill the gap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Do you have any concerns about spine injury if you are involved in a motor vehicle crash while wearing a S.O.B. holster? Do you have any concerns about a spine injury if you fall on your backside while wearing the S.O.B.?
    Most of the time you may as well be yelling this to the moon in the middle of the night. People don't want to hear this, and they don't understand the extreme danger involved. No one thinks they will fall, get into an accident, hit a large pothole, or have anything that impacts their lower back area. It just doesn't occur to them. Once an injury occurs, these are then the people tell everyone else they are fools if they even consider SOB carry.

I've seen horrible injuries from SOB carry, and it means nothing to anyone.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Most of the time you may as well be yelling this to the moon in the middle of the night. People don't want to hear this, and they don't understand the extreme danger involved. No one thinks they will fall, get into an accident, hit a large pothole, or have anything that impacts their lower back area. It just doesn't occur to them. Once an injury occurs, these are then the people tell everyone else they are fools if they even consider SOB carry.

I simplify to #neverarguewithidiots and #youcancarryIWBifyouLose10to250LBS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

I feel the same way about AIWB...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I feel the same way about AIWB...
    Never heard of falling on an AIWB focusing the impact and causing damage. Which internal organ(s) are affected by that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Never heard of falling on an AIWB focusing the impact and causing damage. Which internal organ(s) are affected by that?
    Oh, good grief folks:

extreme danger

horrible injuries

internal organ damage

I'm sure that most of the folks posting here are able to do their own cost to benefit analysis in decision making.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Oh, good grief folks:

extreme danger

horrible injuries

internal organ damage

I'm sure that most of the folks posting here are able to do their own cost to benefit analysis in decision making.
    Actually it was a legit question. The only thing that I had heard with aiwb carry which can happen with any form of carry when Something gets inside the trigger guard while being holstered. I honestly had not heard of any significant increases in injury from falling on an aiwb holster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Oh, good grief folks:

extreme danger

horrible injuries

internal organ damage

Yes

Last edited by Hmac; 04-24-19 at 11:03.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345