Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Small-of-back carry...butt-down/palm-out?

Feedback Score
    You can do it with a left handed adjustable can’t Yaqui type holster. I don’t know of a fully enclosed leather holster off the top of my head.

When I have done it it was more of a 5 1/2 o clock than center d small of back.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know you mentioned not wild about Kydex, but I was wondering if CompTac had any owb belt attachments that had an adjustment range similar to their iwb belt loops and came across this thing:

https://comp-tac.com/qb-holster-owb-...line-comp-tac/

Feedback Score
    How can anybody sit in a chair or drive a car with a gun in their small of the back?

It's uncomfortable enough behind the hip but doable for a short while.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    How can anybody sit in a chair or drive a car with a gun in their small of the back?

Depends on the individual. When I first started carrying that's how I carried. No problems. Car seats are soft, so is just about everything else you sit on

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

Hmac said he had a specific need, I doubt that it is sitting or driving.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mexican Bandido carry is the final evolution

Feedback Score
    I carry SOB ~50% of the time. It'll be a S&W Shield so not uncomfortable at all even when sitting in a car.

If the gun is on my back, it's concealed. That means I need to lift up a shirt to get to the pistol. My palm will face my back so I can easily lift my shirt & slide my thumb behind the grip and draw the pistol. It just doesn't seem natural to lift a shirt palm facing out "jelly beans" style.

If you open carry SOB style, you'll eventually have some turd try to take your gun when you aren't looking. Bad idea imo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP - Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that a left-hand crossdraw holster worn small of back would position your right hand hand palm out for the draw.

You have to shop angle and weapon, but it looks to me as if something like a DeSantis Criss-Cross would work: https://www.desantisholster.com/the-criss-cross/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I carry SOB ~50% of the time. It'll be a S&W Shield so not uncomfortable at all even when sitting in a car.

If the gun is on my back, it's concealed. That means I need to lift up a shirt to get to the pistol. My palm will face my back so I can easily lift my shirt & slide my thumb behind the grip and draw the pistol. It just doesn't seem natural to lift a shirt palm facing out "jelly beans" style.

If you open carry SOB style, you'll eventually have some turd try to take your gun when you aren't looking. Bad idea imo.

Thank you for the advice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    OP - Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that a left-hand crossdraw holster worn small of back would position your right hand hand palm out for the draw.

You have to shop angle and weapon, but it looks to me as if something like a DeSantis Criss-Cross would work: https://www.desantisholster.com/the-criss-cross/
    Yep, but not available for any of the guns I carry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast