Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Star Trek Discovery

So I finally watched the first few episodes of this latest Star Trek spin off. While the visuals/CGI are truly gorgeous, the plot and such was lame. Eye rolling scenes too numerous to count, like even Kirk had probes to go look at mysterious objects and such. While realism per se was never a strong point of Star Trek, this series was not off to a good start for me. That is to say, would I pay $ to see if it gets better? No. Even as cute as Sonequa Martin-Green is, still no. If it were free on the network, sure, I'd probably watch it if for no other reason to get my Star Trek/Sci Fi fix and see if it improves, but as is, nope... C+/B-

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I watched the very first one before it went "streaming only" or whatever CBS did to it.

I understand the scuttlebutt is that the fan hate is strong with this one. Some people are really, really pissed off at it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I watched the very first one before it went "streaming only" or whatever CBS did to it.

I understand the scuttlebutt is that the fan hate is strong with this one. Some people are really, really pissed off at it.
    What's the hate about? From what i saw, it's just not good enough to charge for as they are. Sonequa Martin-Green sure is cure doh..
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No sith lords, no bikini armor, no starships on fire off the shoulder of orion, and no droids....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What's the hate about? From what i saw, it's just not good enough to charge for as they are. Sonequa Martin-Green sure is cure doh..
    I can't remember specifically. I watched several YouTube videos a few weeks ago. Go to YouTube and type in "Star Trek Discovery hate".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As an avid ST fan, STD season 1 is lame, but I watched it through. I was really disappointed in season 1, it never felt like “trek”.

Season 2 however makes leaps and bounds and actually feels like you’re watch a Star Trek Show. The season 2 episode New Eden in particular is as good as any episode of Star Trek ive seen in the past across any of the series.

It’s worth powering through. It’s finding it’s footing however still not my preferred trek, but I will take it over ST: Enterprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Most bizarre story line I've seen in a Star Trek franchise. Even more bizarre than Deep Space 9. And I confess I'm getting really weary of the protagonist's ongoing overwhelming angst.

I would rather watch The Orville. Which, IMHO, is not too bad. Certainly not what I was expecting from a Seth McFarland show.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

I know some hard core Trekkies and they are on the edge of boycotting the whole franchise if they don't get rid of that "Abomination", as they call it. I like ST, even DS9..... but after seeing the previews I won't waist my time with this show.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Nope. Not gonna do it.

I'll watch ST: TMP (I can watch it at 9 in the morning - I'll STILL fall asleep during the V-ger scene... ) and ST V - back to back - for years on end - before I watch CBS's screwup.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm a big Star Trek fan and didn't like Season 1 too much but Season 2 is so much better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast