Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I was watching Barney Miller...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Back when Barney Miller was on the air, I felt like Wojo.

Most of the time these days, I creak like Fish getting out of his chair.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I worked with a guy from that era, been with the PD for 30 years at the time (early 90's). We moved into a new, smoke free building where he continued to smoke because everyone on up to the mayor was afraid to tell him he couldn't. I loved talking to him. I would walk by his office and he'd say "Hey ------, get your ass in here!". At which point he would tell me stories of things they did in the old days, several of which the statute of limitations probably hadn't run out at the time. He passed away a few years ago along with that long gone era.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    I think anytime someone brings out a .45 automatic, wrapped in a oily rag or not is serious.
    Nobody ignores it and pretends it's not there, seriously !
    What I'm saying is...that detectives of that era went up against some serious hoods and if they pulled out an auto pistol; it meant the gloves were coming off.
    Usually kept in a drawer with some bourbon and lottery tickets.

Police nowadays look like the human cops from Robocop and it angers me.

There was a time in this country when you could beat the literal shit out of someone and leave them on the porch and it did more good than taking them to jail where they ca. eat good food, catch up on their BET, and hang out with their buddies

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

There was a time in this country when you could beat the literal shit out of someone and leave them on the porch and it did more good than taking them to jail where they ca. eat good food, catch up on their BET, and hang out with their buddies
    And if every voter today followed LEO's & CO's around to witness, in person & up close where you can smell the bad breath, 4-5 of the moments that show the true inhumanity of some of these cretins, it would be legal to do that today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12