Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX Carry Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Beretta APX Carry Review

Got this little blaster in last week and headed to the range for the video below.

Pros:
    -100% reliable to date
    -grip texture
    -improved serrations over larger APXs
    -steel sights
    -chassis system so you can swap grips should they choose to make a 43x/48 issue offering one day

Cons:
    -trigger

Review:

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dear Glock: Where’s my factory extended 43 mags?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Soooo, is it a repackaged Nano?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great review as always MGNG.

I'm sure it's a decent little gun, but IMO, Beretta keeps trying to raise the bar on ugly with every reiteration of their polymer pistol lines.

Feedback Score
    Well, seeing the mag and hearing the description of the trigger pull... sounds like it is the NANO in a new shell. Yuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the review.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Well, seeing the mag and hearing the description of the trigger pull... sounds like it is the NANO in a new shell. Yuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I could accept the trigger pull on the Nano but the extreme height over bore and the fact that mine shot 10 inches about POA at 7 yards killed it for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It would be pretty much right on then @ 100 yards

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I could accept the trigger pull on the Nano but the extreme height over bore and the fact that mine shot 10 inches about POA at 7 yards killed it for me.
    that's why I never picked one up as well.

Feedback Score
    I picked up an APX A1 Carry recently.

I took it to the range today and put 50rds of Geco 124gr FMJ through it. It passed the first test of carry guns; it was 100% reliable. From there it was downhill. The trigger is pretty bad with it mainly having a reset that's too long. Accuracy was poor. Often times bullets were just not going where I was pointing. I wasn't having a bad day either. I followed this pistol with my S&W M&P 10mm which showed incredible accuracy. The large magazine holds 8 cartridges and the smaller one holds 7 cartridges. An odd thing is that after a cartridge is chambered, the smaller magazine can't be topped back to 7 cartridges and then lock in the pistol. So I guess you get to carry 9 with the large magazine or 7 with the small magazine. I'd choose the former because it offers a better grip anyway. The really bad part was that the rear sight came loose while I was shooting the second magazine through it.

The rear sight was not held in with a a press fit at all even though it's dovetailed. Apparently they expect a set screw to do the job. The set screw was still in the sight, so it apparently wasn't screwed down tight enough. I could fix this myself, but I think that I'll entertain myself by sending the slide back to Beretta for repair. We'll get to see how their customer service handles the situation.

Once I receive my rebate I'll have $245 total in to this pistol. I suppose it's worth that, but it's obviously not a gun that I'd trust my life to. I think Beretta could have done better. On a positive note, I do like the size of the pistol and I think it does look better than the first generation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast