View Poll Results: Do the benefits of the VLTOR A5 system outweigh the downsides?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 66.67%
  • No

29 20.14%
  • I'm too confused to know

19 13.19%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: I'm over the A5 system, do you think its worth it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    New BCM upper with the A5 was just picked up. Now the fun begins with choosing an upper and optic. I’ve got it narrowed down to a couple choices though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    FWIW, Magpul 10 pos tubes are back in stock at Magpul. Lol
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    FWIW, Magpul 10 pos tubes are back in stock at Magpul. Lol
    LOL, this is the first time I've personally seen Magpul in stock and BCM out of stock of A5 tubes.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    LOL, this is the first time I've personally seen Magpul in stock and BCM out of stock of A5 tubes.
    I asked magpul in January when they would be back in stock. They said 3w. I asked again in April. Guess what...3w. I asked again in July and they finally told the truth that they were having QC issues with them and didn’t know. I expect them to be out by tonight. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Primary arms has the BCM kits for $79.99

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Somebody keep an eye on MW. I really don't want him wandering into the road, ranting to himself about inferior extractor springs...

...It's comforting to know you boys have my back..
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    ...It's comforting to know you boys have my back..
    A friend of a coworker just fixed his PWS by installing Colt extractor and ejector parts in his bolt, so keep up the good fight.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I put an A5H1 in my 14.5 BCM today to try it from an A5HO. Worked the same with my normal Wolf Gold.

I tried some PMC and Tula to try weak ammo in it and ejection was still great and it all locked back on empty mags.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

I'm over the A5 system, do you think its worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I put an A5H1 in my 14.5 BCM today to try it from an A5HO. Worked the same with my normal Wolf Gold.

I tried some PMC and Tula to try weak ammo in it and ejection was still great and it all locked back on empty mags.
    I’ve had an A5-3 and green spring in both of my BCMs for a few thousand rounds, often shooting weaker .223. They never felt overgassed to me so I was surprised how heavy I could push that buffer.

ETA - I just realized this is my thread, so I’m sure I’ve said that a few times already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve had an A5-3 and green spring in both of my BCMs for a few thousand rounds, often shooting weaker .223. They never felt overgassed to me so I was surprised how heavy I could push that buffer.

ETA - I just realized this is my thread, so I’m sure I’ve said that a few times already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are they 14.5 middies? I ask because that’s probably the most undergassed option. I’ll try an A5-2 though and don’t expect any problems.

PMC was stupid smooth though. Wolf Gold feels like a 308 compared to it lol.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast