View Poll Results: Do the benefits of the VLTOR A5 system outweigh the downsides?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 66.67%
  • No

29 20.14%
  • I'm too confused to know

19 13.19%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: I'm over the A5 system, do you think its worth it?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    There have been multiple ports for the 14.5s, although I am not sure who all got them, and how many of each were produced. The very first commercial run was 0.073, as I recall.
    The more you know...Anyway Im not sure why people are making this "optimized for M855A1" a big deal, seems like they dont understand what that even means. Pretty sure the smaller sizes were for suppressed use and M855A1 hasent been that hot for a long time.

If someone says I dont like this barrel because I dont shoot M855A1 Ill just roll my eyes and relegate your opinion to the retard bin.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-17-19 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The more you know...Anyway Im not sure why people are making this "optimized for M855A1" a big deal, seems like they dont understand what that even means. Pretty sure the smaller sizes were for suppressed use and M855A1 hasent been that hot for a long time.

If someone says I dont like this barrel because I dont shoot M855A1 Ill just roll my eyes and relegate your opinion to the retard bin.
    That’s literally how everyone describes them, including the retailers. It just means that their gas ports are on the small side because A1 is still hot and may not work with weak .223.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s literally how everyone describes them, including the retailers. It just means that their gas ports are on the small side because A1 is still hot and may not work with weak .223.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was not a dig on you BTW. I should probably blame the little bullet point about M855A1 that people put on their websites. Ive seen entire threads about it even when the gas port sizes are readily available online.

Im starting to doubt that a 0.001 reduction in gas port size vs the BCM makes any difference whatsoever. Besides the A5 system, Ive tested this barrel with carbine to H3 buffers and it functioned fine.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-17-19 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Pretty much.

The only .223 I fire occasionally is 64gr Gold Dot. That is a good load and seems to have a little more "spunk" to it (yes, I realize it's trying to quantify mouse-gun recoil) but other than that it's all 5.56NATO
    stuff I have. From what I've read A1 has indeed been brought down pressure-wise from the original loading but is still a tad hotter than it's predecessor good ol' M855. Any of the "latest-greatest" I've shot has been from a carbine-length buffer tube and spring, with an H2 buffer. I would imagine that the A5 would work well with spicier ammo.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-17-19 at 19:16.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415