Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Consumerism and the AR15 - Are we here to shoot or to buy?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Consumerism and the AR15 - Are we here to shoot or to buy?

I finished new rifles this week. I had them at the range last weekend. Shot well. "Meh". Nothing really impressive about either. When I was putting them away, I realized they looked familiar. So I went into my "Sold Guns" folder on my computer and found a picture of my very first AR15 ever, and my second one ever.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-25-19 at 06:47. Reason: Removed pics. Unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Consumerism and the AR15 - Are we here to shoot or to buy?

M4Cs Dark knight rises yet again amidst the depths of mediocrity and #povertygat obscurity

Seriously this post needs to be a sticky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 04-15-19 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This thread needed to happen and I hope it stings. Once I recoup the guns that worked for me I am so done.

All I unironically need is my SW Model 39 and a Garand anyways.

Feedback Score
    I’m much in the same boat. I have every configuration imaginable. Many high-end ARs grace my shelves. I have an AR that I purchased/assembled in 2007 that still sees 95% or my use. It has evolved. It has a Vortex, a free float rail, and a nice trigger. It’s a relatively simple rifle otherwise. Every few years it gets a brighter light.

I haven’t bought an AR or accessory in nearly four years until I got one of the rechargeable Surefire Scouts.

I’m boring. But my money is best spent on ammunition and training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Training is work.
    Buying is easy. It can also become a expensive habit keeping up with all the new marketing and offerings that are continuously released.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Training is work.
    Buying is easy.
    238 posts in 3 and a half years.

Quality, not quantity right here folks.

That's straight up sig material.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree, to an extent. To each his own, but . . .

20 years ago I bought a Bushmaster M16A2 clone. It's still box-stock.

Last year I bought a 6920. Other than replacing the Magpul flip up rear sight with the correct A3 carry handle, it's still box stock and will remain so.

I just bought a Smith 15-22. I'm ordering the kit and parts to mod it to 6920 appearance.

Simple is better.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, there really is no right or wrong in what you buy or how you spend your money, as long as you buy quality and get proficient in using what you have. You can look back on the rifles LAV and many others SME’s have used in the last 5-10 years, and their rifle setups have also changed over the years due to advancements in components, etc.. In reality, for most people, it is mostly vanity and fantasy. In this life you only go around once and you can play your cards however you which before it’s game over.
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-17-19 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I’m in the same boat. Since joining this forum, taking classes, teaching classes, shooting competitions, buying, selling, building, modding, I’ve found my self always going back to 14.5in and 12.5in guns. Mostly 12.5. It will literally do everything I need it too. Right now I’ve got my personal guns down to 2 5.56 AR’s. 12.5in BCM Pistol with MRO and a 16in BCM AR with a 3-9 that’s about to be swapped for my 1-6. Between those 2 guns and my 16in 308 AR with 4-16, I’ve found I literally everything covered from 0 to 1000.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    10,000 empty casings dont look as cool as a extra foldy guns with punisher engravings.

In all seriousness the more I shoot, the less I care about gear.
    And really, its not guns or shooting, people like you describe just wont get out and train... ever.

“I have to catch my show”
    “My knee hurts”
    “I worked a lot”
    “My finger is sore”
    Or they just have no interest.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast