Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Consumerism and the AR15 - Are we here to shoot or to buy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    OPs problem isn't guns, owning too many or too few of them.

It's more a life problem.
    What? That he actually has one?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Just enjoy calling attention whores out.
    Idk, its a little homoerotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I see nothing wrong with public philosophisizing if it elicits a similar response from readers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I see nothing wrong with public philosophisizing if it elicits a similar response from readers.
    That changes my perspective, I've always thought of you as the strong silent type.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That changes my perspective, I've always thought of you as the strong silent type.
    LMFAO!!!!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What? That he actually has one?
    Not sure he has either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    LOL. Timid flower for sure.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well, here is another post by Euro that hits me right in my bullshit.

I struggle with contentment in life as a whole; it is a huge character flaw of mine, and unfortunately, it has translated expensively to the firearms world as well. I am constantly tweaking, buying, selling parts and accessories, optics, all of it. I just cannot be content with what I have, I am always looking towards the biggest, best, newest high speed deal. "I have an AR pistol? What if braces get banned, better get an SBR lower too! My Glock 19 is fine, but what if I had an RMR for it and slide cuts? Glock 19x? Heck yeah I need that shit!" It is a serious problem for me.

I bought a gun in a new caliber for me, 1000 rounds and a suppressor for it, and I have not even shot the damn thing yet. So yes, this post smacks me right in the damn face, and Euro is absolutely 100% correct. I have made several really good changes in my life lately, this is something else that I need to change completely. Gun realm, and personal realm.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maybe there needs to be a 'self-help' subforum, because apparently a lot of bros need it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

I struggle with contentment in life as a whole; it is a huge character flaw of mine (snip)
    One of the things I started doing several years ago was giving myself some not so easy to attain but still realistic goals. The first goal I set for myself was to do a half marathon. I'm not a runner and never have been, in fact I hate it. I trained all winter for it and ended up doing two half marathons a week apart. I found the whole process completely satisfying. I have no desire to do another though.

I can find myself becoming discontent if I don't have a goal or something to strive for.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast