Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Consumerism and the AR15 - Are we here to shoot or to buy?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    .....hmmm......

Maybe....maybe that’s the final redpill.
    The AR Methadone for all this dragon chasing.
    A solid 12.5 a red dot good 1-4 Optic, NOD crap, and torch.
    Mini Can of your choice

Then we can all get lives
    That is what I did....... and I fixed it for you.........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The AR15 is Barbie for men. Some just can't resist a closet full of shoes......
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a big believer in selling most of the stuff that you don't use. With any luck, you'll spend that money on training and ammo before you have a chance to buy more unneeded things.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    It is pretty much the same way with golf clubs, fishing poles, clothes , shoes, knives,etc, etc, etc. The gun industry would be a whole lot smaller, fewer companies, fewer gun industry jobs, fewer gun owners, less NRA members and less money to fight the anti gunners with. Why have a SHOT SHOW and why try and better anything? Spend your money the way you want, but spend it wisely. My father did with new cars, trips, clothes, new home. Now it's pretty much all gone and he is 94 and sitting in a nursing home at $9,000. a month.

Feedback Score
    I don't normally post actually this is post 1! but this thread caught my eye. I sold an upper a while back and just finished putting together an upper with a colt socom 14.5 factory pinned a2x.

I own 3 AR's my wife 1 and my daughter 1.

I have a 12" SBR, 14.5" and a 16". I can already tell the 16" will get less trigger time. My next purchase will be a can. I can't imagine needing another AR.
    Last edited by Strikefirst; 04-16-19 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The reality is this shit really doesn’t matter guys, atleast beyond an extent passed the necessity to protect ones self, family, or if one is a professional gun carrier, etc and requisite skill set required thereof.

Hobbies are great and all but life is short.
    Love is fleeting.
    and true happiness is elusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, besides those who carry a rifle for a living it's all just wankery if you distill it down enough.

I guess you could just get down to true needs.

Get a Glock 19, Toyota Corolla, three pairs of Dockers, four Kohls brand polo shirts, a pair of Sketchers easy fit sneaker-loafers, and a one bedroom apartment.

I'm glad I don't live in that reality.
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 04-16-19 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, the internet, heck, the world as a whole, is full of folks telling others how to live their lives:

Some man's come he's trying to run my life, don't know what he's asking
    When he tells me I better get in line, can't hear what he's saying
    When I grow up, I'm gonna make him mine, these ain't dues I been paying

How much does it cost?
    I'll buy it!
    The time is all we've lost
    I'll try it!
    He can't even run his own life,
    I'll be damned if he'll run mine--sunshine

As long as you put some thought into whatever you are doing, how it impacts others in your life, etc.

Somehow I don't see any need for me to be all over NODS or squad radios. But if it trips someone else's trigger have at it, just don't be telling me what to do.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    To be able to do it all over again. Fk most of us could lose 5 AR's and not even notice it. Its flat out stupid. I haven't bought an AR in quite some time. But don't I wish I could dump 5 of them and have a KAC SR25, that I dont need. And God help us if we have another scare, per se.

I really need to look into NV, I understand its come a long way and prices are not as inane as years gone by. I have zero NV and all this other craptastic shit I don't need.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have zero NV and all this other craptastic shit I don't need.

PB
    See, you feel a need I don't feel, and it's all good.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast