Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weld officially running against Trump

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Weld officially running against Trump

Weld was Gov of MA when I lived there, and he was the last decent Gov the state had. Being a NE Republican, he's far left for anyone in the GOP, but the nation could do a lot worse than Weld. Being the loonie left in the DNC are hell bent on handing Trump another win on a silver platter, I don't think we have to worry about Weld at this time is my guess as things stand now. I do think Weld will bring valuable debate issues and points to the party, which may at least help keep things on the rails. But no, he's no Libertarian, that's for damn sure.

The first Republican to primary the president is an ex-Libertarian worried about debt, divisiveness, and decorum.

Bill Weld, the 73-year-old former federal prosecutor, two-term governor of Massachusetts, and 2016 vice presidential nominee for the Libertarian Party, announced Monday afternoon on CNN that he is officially running for president in the Republican primary against incumbent Donald Trump.

“I really think if we have six more years of the same stuff we’ve had out of the White House the last two years, that would be a political tragedy, and I would fear for the republic,” Weld told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “So I would be ashamed of myself if I didn’t raise my hand and run.”

In an announcement press release, Weld called himself a “Reagan Republican” who “knows that America can still be that ‘shining city on a hill.'”He declared that “it is time to return to the principles of Lincoln—equality, dignity, and opportunity for all,” and stressed such non-Trumpian themes as “the rule of law, a free and open press, and America’s global leadership.” The accompanying campaign video touted among other things Weld’s record as a “crime fighter,” while leaving his Libertarian adventure of 2016-2018 unmentioned.

Cont:

https://reason.com/2019/04/16/its-of...fGLjGJCJgxI2ek
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Yang Gang 2020!
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    About that...

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/0...ls-even-worse/

“The five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses,” Weld said. “That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.”
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    That comment makes him unfit to hold any office. That explains why I have never heard of him.

Feedback Score
    Plus, he’s very pro partial birth abortion. He’s actually probably more leftist than many of the mainstream Democrats. Weld as president would likely be very similar to having Hillary.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What an ass.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    As any offroader will tell ya' - the only thing worse than a BAD weld, is a CRACKED weld...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Plus, he’s very pro partial birth abortion. He’s actually probably more leftist than many of the mainstream Democrats. Weld as president would likely be very similar to having Hillary.
    I don't think he's even a 10th the power hungry sociopath she is. If for some unlikely reason he ended up the GOP candidate, I'd vote for him over Bernie, HC, etc easily. I do think he has the ability to bring some utility to the debates.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEXT.....

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Meanwhile, POTUS got Feinstein's panties wet by openly supporting her AWB and stealing bump stocks at gunpoint. Y'all might have forgotten, but I haven't. Let's call it a wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast