Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Meat Smokers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The pellet grill is just so easy to get started on. I can roll out of bed at 5:00 Sunday, set the temperature I want to cook at, put the meat on, and go back to bed at 5:10. I have zero interest it lighting charcoal and adjusting vents at that time.

I got it to smoke and BBQ, but now do all my grilling except steak on it as well.

Traeger is dominant in my area so there are about a half dozen places I could go look for spare parts if I had something go out. If I had to replace mine I'd stick with Traeger for that reason, even though they are made in China now along with the copies.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The pellet grill is just so easy to get started on. I can roll out of bed at 5:00 Sunday, set the temperature I want to cook at, put the meat on, and go back to bed at 5:10. I have zero interest it lighting charcoal and adjusting vents at that time.

I got it to smoke and BBQ, but now do all my grilling except steak on it as well.

Traeger is dominant in my area so there are about a half dozen places I could go look for spare parts if I had something go out. If I had to replace mine I'd stick with Traeger for that reason, even though they are made in China now along with the copies.
    I see both Traeger and Pit Boss all over the place here. I'll probably stick with one of them.

Feedback Score
    I love my Pit Boss pellet smoker/grill. Fire and forget. Too easy. My first DIY recipe will be Oysters Rockefeller, smoked.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Big Green Egg here, all day long.

Last edited by Hmac; 04-20-19 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    We have a Brinkman electric smoker. Haven't used it in quite a while. This has got me wanting to break it out!

Supposedly the electric ones have a more consistent heat level, easier to maintain that level while cooking. However, if it's out in direct sunlight it can alter cooking times.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Big Green Egg here, all day long.

I have to laugh.....you do gastrics/bariatrics for a good part of your livelihood but you're a culinary aficionado. If it involves cooking something awesome just ask Hmac! Green Egg, Sous Vide, etc. It's a wonder you don't weigh 300lbs!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I have to laugh.....you do gastrics/bariatrics for a good part of your livelihood but you're a culinary aficionado. If it involves cooking something awesome just ask Hmac! Green Egg, Sous Vide, etc. It's a wonder you don't weigh 300lbs!
    All things in moderation. Beer is the carbohydrate that would put me into the morbidly obese range. It's a constant battle.

If you asked my wife to describe my cooking, she'd say that "enthusiasm" was the most prominent component of my culinary skills.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My love of cooking is what I credit for my loss of weight. Culinary skills (and a willingness to learn) are needed to keep a lower calorie diet interesting. Lean smoked meat like brisket and birds isn't going to make you fat if you control your intake. Thanks to Hmac I moved into SV as well and that has opened a whole new world of good food.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    My love of cooking is what I credit for my loss of weight. Culinary skills (and a willingness to learn) are needed to keep a lower calorie diet interesting. Lean smoked meat like brisket and birds isn't going to make you fat if you control your intake. Thanks to Hmac I moved into SV as well and that has opened a whole new world of good food.
    On the other hand...pizza on the Big Green Egg is outstanding. I roll out a superb crust from dough balls that the local pizza place sells me for a $.75 each. When I have both dough balls and Blue Moon in the refrigerator...it is a wonder I don't weigh 300 lbs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    On the other hand...pizza on the Big Green Egg is outstanding. I roll out a superb crust from dough balls that the local pizza place sells me for a $.75 each. When I have both dough balls and Blue Moon in the refrigerator...it is a wonder I don't weigh 300 lbs.
    Like you said in another thread to me.. physiology is a bitch.. and I drew the short end of the stick.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast