Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have this old AR.

Feedback Score

So I have this old AR.

Bought a new AR with a 16" barrel and 1 in 7 twist, put my old pre-remington Bushmaster V match up on consignment, gun store guy says it's worth $600 bucks, problem is it's been there for several months with no interested parties. Understandable as it has a 24" 1 in 9 twist barrel with a fixed stock and an old fashioned aluminum handguard. Gun is a real tack driver and handles 69 grain bullets without a problem in the 24" barrel, Problem is the gun weighs close to 10lbs. with a scope on it. I'm thinking about taking it back and buying a Magpul adjustable stock, a 20" 6.5 grendal barrel and new handguard for it. Question is would this be a worthwhile project? Where's the best place to go for the barrel,magazines and handguard?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd buy a Faxon barrel and a new Larue handguard for it.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus51 View Post
    Bought a new AR with a 16" barrel and 1 in 7 twist, put my old pre-remington Bushmaster V match up on consignment
    Pre-94?

If so, I'd list it on Northeast Shooters, and let the bidding war begin! When it's over, take your profit, and go buy a K-A!

Take the wife out to a nice dinner with the change.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Hey brutus51,
    Don't forget, You Will also need a 6.5 Bolt, and ofcourse a muzzle brake or Flash hider
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 04-18-19 at 08:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    The question is, is this a worthwhile project to you? Do you have a need or want for a second rifle? If not, maybe you'd have better luck selling off the lower separately and keeping the upper if you still have a use for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    How much do the old Colt SP1s and preban Bushmaster type guns sell for in those barn states?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    6.5grendel forums has a group buy for members with 16” barrels for $145ish and bolts for $55ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bought a new AR with a 16" barrel and 1 in 7 twist, put my old pre-remington Bushmaster V match up on consignment, gun store guy says it's worth $600 bucks, problem is it's been there for several months with no interested parties. Understandable as it has a 24" 1 in 9 twist barrel with a fixed stock and an old fashioned aluminum handguard. Gun is a real tack driver and handles 69 grain bullets without a problem in the 24" barrel, Problem is the gun weighs close to 10lbs. with a scope on it. I'm thinking about taking it back and buying a Magpul adjustable stock, a 20" 6.5 grendal barrel and new handguard for it. Question is would this be a worthwhile project? Where's the best place to go for the barrel,magazines and handguard?
    Frankly, I would install a MAGPUL PRS stock and a new 15" free-float handguard (MI Combat Rail One Piece Free Float Handguard, M-LOK(TM) compatible) and keep on shooting it.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...p/mi-crm15.htm

I would also advise getting the new Magpul® Bipod for M-LOK.

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acce...ipod-for-m-lok
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Don't know what the benefits of a pre-94 are but I don't think this is one of them. Bought it new in 99.
    Please elaborate on what makes a pre-94 desirable.

Feedback Score
    Don't know what the benefits of a pre-94 are but I don't think this is one of them. Bought it new in 99.
    Please elaborate on what makes a pre-94 desirable.
    Pre AWB and is legal to possess in certain ban states. The whole supply & demand concept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast