Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decals? Yes/No? Share Yours

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Firefly;2727864]A white sharpie marker does a good job....[/QUOTE] OH NO You didn't! LOL I know saying LOL might not be the right thing to say..... but LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have any "decals" but since I started building Retros the number of ARs I have has increased sharply. I now have nine of them, with a couple extra upper receiver groups as well.
    Since I shoot my ARs often, and I'm constantly switching between them, in order to keep track what gun is doing what at any given time, I started keeping a log for round counts, part replacements, ejection angle etc..with this many guns it is easier if the guns are numbered. Thus most of my ARs have "rack numbers" on the stocks now.
    Number 6

Number 3

Number 2 is a special case...it has both a number and a "U Mad" Trollface pin, as a shout-out to my proud heritage as an instigator of trouble.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 04-18-19 at 07:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are those Brownell's Type D butts or refinished originals?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Are those Brownell's Type D butts or refinished originals?
    Brownells, I have them on three guns. The two pictured and one other fixed stock carbine. I've been reserving my originals for Retro builds. (I don't put my rack numbers on original furniture though)
    Last edited by Circle_10; 04-18-19 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have stickers on a few of my weapons. The stickers were given to me after being custom made by the (former) owner and founder of Gunskins. I have slapped them on a few weapons, on the tan one, the sticker hides the large blem / engraving, on the CZ Scorpion, I did it because it was easier than slapping my logo on stuff. I also have my logo laser engraved on a few stocks, but those were gifted from KAC, so they hold special meaning to me.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Brownells, I have them on three guns. The two pictured and one other fixed stock carbine. I've been reserving my originals for Retro builds. (I don't put my rack numbers on original furniture though)
    Reviews are pretty mixed on those stocks, with most not being overly impressive. I've kicked around the idea of buying one and putting foam on the empty inside, but it would be nice if Brownells had done that. What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel it needs any additional support?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    They should've made the balls smaller.....LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Reviews are pretty mixed on those stocks, with most not being overly impressive. I've kicked around the idea of buying one and putting foam on the empty inside, but it would be nice if Brownells had done that. What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel it needs any additional support?
    They do feel quite a bit cheaper than an original although I don't know as the material itself is actually weaker, I suspect not to be honest. I haven't been intentionally running them over or throwing them off buildings or anything but mine have been out in fairly cold weather and suffered the odd fall without breaking. I personally haven't put foam in mine but I don't see any downside to doing it. I don't know as it would really help the structural integrity of the stock itself but the extra density would likely help give it a more "substantial" feel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have stickers on a few of my weapons. The stickers were given to me after being custom made by the (former) owner and founder of Gunskins. I have slapped them on a few weapons, on the tan one, the sticker hides the large blem / engraving, on the CZ Scorpion, I did it because it was easier than slapping my logo on stuff. I also have my logo laser engraved on a few stocks, but those were gifted from KAC, so they hold special meaning to me.

Men's room signs on your weapons?
    This soldier should not be allowed North of the Light Line.
    CPT HM

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast