Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Decals? Yes/No? Share Yours

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Closest thing to a sticker I have on guns is masking tape with a note as to what ammo that gun is dialed in for.

Hope I’m not going to Hell for that.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Closest thing to a sticker I have on guns is masking tape with a note as to what ammo that gun is dialed in for.

Hope I’m not going to Hell for that.
    Repent, brother! It's not too late!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Because it’s super cheesy Captain Cheesypants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hate for trying to support a forum meember's business. Now I'm triggered and need to go to a safe space.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I didn't send the other 75 off.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hate for trying to support a forum meember's business. Now I'm triggered and need to go to a safe space.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I didn't send the other 75 off.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Nothing on my guns. Seems like asking for trouble at some point in the future, and it draws unneeded/unwanted attention even at a public range.
    With that said, Uni-Vibe might be on to something with the peace symbol...how would that be spun? Maybe we should all do that.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Nothing on my guns. Seems like asking for trouble at some point in the future, and it draws unneeded/unwanted attention even at a public range.
    With that said, Uni-Vibe might be on to something with the peace symbol...how would that be spun? Maybe we should all do that.
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

But hey, let’s go jump off a cliff.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

But hey, let’s go jump off a cliff.

I... do not understand.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t have any decals. I was planning to use a silver perm marker or p touch label maker on the lowers that have non mil spec triggers....so it would say Larue or JP. Since I sometimes swap lowers

I’m fine with people that want to personalize their rifles. If it makes them happy who am I to judge.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    I only have one rifle with a decal on it. The decal is the "I Voted" sticker they give you at the polls from the last election. I stuck it on the side of the magwell on one of my AR's on a whim. Sucker was a lot more durable than I ever expected. Can barely read it now though.
    I actually dig the unintentionally simultaneously sarcastic and foreboding undertones of that... Come to think of it, I think I have a voter decal left over from the last election around here somewhere...

As far as decals overall though....

Let me tell you a personal story about decals- a long time ago circa 2009/10 or so around here, a lot of folks liked to stick the "BCMGunfighter" sticker all BCM stuff came with on their stocks. I too wanted to be a cool kid...but then I was like, "what if I end up changing the stock, want to sell, and can't get a half-scuffed-up, worn out sticker off the stock?" So I never did it. Ended up changing stocks 3 times...
    This decision was vindicated a couple years later after attempting to get that same sticker, and a couple others, off some paintball equipment I had stuck them on instead. Sure, I got 'em off eventually, but man, I had to *work* for it... and they neither helped me play any better, nor got any notice from anyone else, when they were on the equipment.
    So... I kinda see it like the folks with patches plastered all over their kit- I won't give them shit for it (unless it's like, endless punisher skulls... lol) but... I really don't get the point of it either...

You want your gun to look cool in a non-ghey way?
    http://blowndeadline.net/

If I missed something, just bear in mind the same rules apply to the application of decals and patches as other equipment- KISS. Unless you're sponsored.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast