Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Freedom Red Dot

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm glad to see an American company with an American made offering. I wish them luck.

Feedback Score
    No practical advantage over an Aimpoint Pro or ACO, a far as I can tell. Battery life doesn't sound good at all.
    Last edited by essjay; 04-20-19 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't see much advantage over an Aimpoint Pro other than few bucks savings.

Feedback Score
    Maybe the new leupold will help drive the price down a few bucks on the Pro? Always wanted the Aimpoint just never could come up with the money they wanted and I have never found the extra sweet deals that others claim they got.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the battery life is a non-starter for a rifle to ride in a patrol car. I copied his from the website...

“The VX-Freedom RDS features our MST motion sensor technology and will automatically power off after 5 minutes of inactivity and will power on again on first motion. The battery will last 24 continuous hours at the highest brightness setting.”

I like the robust look of the design though.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yeah that’s a killer for me, I like that it’s US made and looks durable, but that battery life is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Yeah, the battery life is a non-starter for a rifle to ride in a patrol car. I copied his from the website...

“The VX-Freedom RDS features our MST motion sensor technology and will automatically power off after 5 minutes of inactivity and will power on again on first motion. The battery will last 24 continuous hours at the highest brightness setting.”

I like the robust look of the design though.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    “The battery will last 24 continuous hours at the highest brightness setting.”
    LOL! I was assured by a tech at SIG that their Romeo 4 series sights would get at least a couple thousand hours battery life in a vehicle with a similar motion activated system. I replace the battery on my H-1 every two years whether it needs it or not. I don’t know what majik the Swedes use for battery life but it’s embarrassing that a US company can’t at least come close.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    LOL! I was assured by a tech at SIG that their Romeo 4 series sights would get at least a couple thousand hours battery life in a vehicle with a similar motion activated system. I replace the battery on my H-1 every two years whether it needs it or not. I don’t know what majik the Swedes use for battery life but it’s embarrassing that a US company can’t at least come close.
    No doubt. Other than the Trijicon MRO I don’t know of any that do.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    It looks kinda long. Is it a prism design? If it is that would be great for those of us that have astigmatism.
    That, and 1 moa dot sounds cool. With astigmatism, it's GONNA bloom!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Doesn't the SIG Romeo 5 have long battery life too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast