Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Freedom Red Dot

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Leupold Freedom Red Dot

Just posted, not a lot of information out yet. Kind of ugly and bulky but price seems decent at $390 msrp which includes mount. I can’t find much information as far as battery life but it’s a motion activated 1 MOA dot.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/red-d...ght-rds-1x34mm
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-18-19 at 10:09.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's a pretty crowded field. However, there are some neat features. For instance, you can dial for elevation. That's kind of neat.

Feedback Score
    A one MOA dot seems awfully small. Isn't the 2 MOA dot sort of considered optimal now? I like the robust look of the optic. It's probably built really well but may not have the durability of an ACOG. Still, for the price point it may be good enough for most civilian and law enforcement applications.

Of course, until people start torture testing it and reporting back to us on things like battery life, robustness, optical clarity, parallax, and whatnot, it's just a range toy.

EDITED TO ADD: I watched a couple of videos on it and the dot actually looks a little LARGE. Could just be the difficulty of filming through the optic.

I also think it needs:

1. A 1/3 co-witness mount.
    2. A quick-detachable mount.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-18-19 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    It's a pretty crowded field. However, there are some neat features. For instance, you can dial for elevation. That's kind of neat.
    Agreed, and I knew somebody was going to come along and do this. I hope the market fleshes out the demand for the feature to migrate over to AP at some point in the future. The optic's form looks straight out of the early 2000s though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks kinda long. Is it a prism design? If it is that would be great for those of us that have astigmatism.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    What kind of street price? And I wonder when a guy can look at them. I've been kicking tires for a long time when it comes to buying a red dot and maybe this one from Leupold might be the one.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Optics Planet (not a recommendation) is offering the non-BDC model for ~ 300 USD.

Being a bit vision challenged, I don't see the value of a BDC dial on a non magnified RDS - it would just make it harder to excuse my missing at range. I guess with a magnifier I could get some use out of it, but the Freedom seems rather long to pair with one.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder why the battery life is only 1200hrs. Is it not a standard LED red dot? Something is strange with that spec.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Pass.

Feedback Score
    May take a bit of time to work the kinks out of their new red dot but I've always had great luck with Leupold and any problems I've had they've been more then fair taking care of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast