Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot for 1301

Feedback Score

Red Dot for 1301

Since finding the Beretta rail is super tough I've thought about using a M700 scope rail I have laying around. The screws even fit the threads in the receiver as a bonus. The only question I have is would 2 screws be enough to secure it? I know handguns use 2 screws and have a lot of force exerted on them. Does anyone think this wouldn't work or be a bad idea?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.jgsales.com/beretta-scop...ducts_id=69186

Shotguns put a lot of stress on anything mounted, I’d prefer to use the correct rail with as many screws as possible.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    One thing to note about handguns using two screws for mounting is the various implementations of that.

In a perfect world the slide is milled to tightly fit the particular type of red dot and includes milled bosses to support the optic during recoil so the optic itself is basically unable to shift throughout the firing process. On the other hand the Glock MOS system (as an example) uses two screws to secure the optic to an adapter plate and two screws to secure the adapter plate to the slide. You can search for the numerous failures of the MOS system which solely relies on the screws to secure the optic. It's enough of an issue aftermarket companies produce plates that fill the gap in the slide entirely to at least provide some security for the optic.

I'd venture a shotgun would be gentler on an optic than a pistol slide under recoil but I'd personally stick with irons unless I could locate the proper rail (and feel secure in its mounting).
    Last edited by DirectTo; 07-12-21 at 01:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know not the same but my 1301 tac came with reviver rail and I mounted an SRO. Have had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Better off ditching the rail and going with an Aridus CROM, IMO. Solid mount that will co-witness with the iron sights which keeps the optic lower than possible with a rail. I love mine with an Aimpoint Micro.
    https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...nt-micro-crom/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_d_33 View Post
    I know not the same but my 1301 tac came with reviver rail and I mounted an SRO. Have had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was wanting to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Better off ditching the rail and going with an Aridus CROM, IMO. Solid mount that will co-witness with the iron sights which keeps the optic lower than possible with a rail. I love mine with an Aimpoint Micro.
    https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...nt-micro-crom/
    Ohh that is nice! That might be what was actually in the photo I saw that had me thinking it was just a peice of rail.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Red Dot for 1301

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Ohh that is nice! That might be what was actually in the photo I saw that had me thinking it was just a peice of rail.
    Assuming you have the 1301 Tactical (I don’t think they make one for the comp), the CROM is definitely the way to go, but they seem to be pretty hard to find. I’d get on some lists and buy one as soon as you can find one.
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 07-12-21 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    Been on the crom list for months now...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yeah, you have to be super patient if want Aridus stuff but it is worth it IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast