Thread: RC Plane/Drone Hobbyist??

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

RC Plane/Drone Hobbyist??

Anyone here dabble in RC planes or drones? I ordered 4 pieces of .037 carbon fiber rod 48" long by mistake from ACP Composites. Shipping from coast to coast cost me more than the rods due to the length. Anybody here want them for the cost of shipping? I can cut them shorter and shipping won't be bad. They would be great for stiffening without adding much weight to a plane build.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Got to get rid of this! I can cut it to 8" lengths and put it in an envelope for nothing to you.

Feedback Score
    Too bad I'm not a current drone/rc owner or I would take you up on your offer. I've thought about getting a drone for use in the ranch. In Winter, especially after a big snow storm, we will haul hay to the cattle when it's hard for them to get to the grass. Considering the size of this place, I'd like to find the cattle first via an aerial survey then haul the hay to a strategic spot without having to go out on horseback first to track them down. Could be a big time saver.
    Last edited by OH58D; 04-22-19 at 13:36.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879