Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Conversation About Firearms in America - Talking Points

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    He hurts us by promoting opinion as fact and not specifically differentiating between the two.
    I don't think I've seen the same things as you. I've certainly seen him sharing his opinion, but it is usually strongly supported with factual statistics.

When he makes a statement in reference to whatever the topic is, I've not seen him enunciate whether it is opinion or fact, one way or the other. I've seen him make clear statements, with factual support, that defend conservative views and policies. In other words, he's just talking. He's not announced, "This is only my opinion" or "This is all factual information". Much like anyone else talking or explaining something.

I'll re-watch some of his stuff and look for the fault you've pointed out here. I haven't ever noticed it, but I' haven't been specifically looking for it either.

In any case, I don't know or care what his private sexual preferences are, and I'd much prefer that our political enemies do the kissing of Firefly's ass, rather than our political allies.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The other thing that Ben Shapiro and the contributors to the Daily Wire, as well as members of Turning Point USA and Steven Crowder, have been instrumental in is revealing and combating the overt prejudice against conservative speakers on college campuses. Including fighting them in court via lawsuits. Ben Shapiro rallies support for my conservative first amendment rights like few others do. It doesn't hurt that he also rallies for other constitutional rights as well.

You don't see the big names that have become rich supporting conservative causes; Limbaugh, Beck, Hannitty..etc.., connecting with college kids and younger conservatives. In fact, I don't recall any of them battling to speak at a college campus either or using their vast wealth to support free speech on campuses. (I could be wrong).

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Because MY line of work is REALLY different than many who carry a gun for "business," it's a GREAT way to meet NON-gun people (people not necessarily OPPOSED to gun ownership, mind you - it's just NOT the first topic that pops up in my field of endeavor, usually!), and talk to them about ownership & carry. And since MOST of the people I run into, generally have their head screwed on straight, they're usually amendable to it - but just hadn't met the RIGHT person to explain it to 'em yet.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234