Thread: Extended base plates

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Extended base plates

I looked at Dawson Precision for base plates for my Chip M mags. I called tech support and they said make sure your mags have the two screws. The chips and ETM's have the same system of attaching base plate. No screws. I read where some guys tapped their existing base plate for the screws, seems ruff.

Im only concerned because the 10 round 9mm mags won't seat easily on a closed gun. I feel I need a little breathing room. Any ideas guys?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are you talking about the Chip M Powermags? They have slide off base plates and you can buy different thickness ones if you are.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Are you talking about the Chip M Powermags? They have slide off base plates and you can buy different thickness ones if you are.
    This is what I did and it makes seating the mags much better / easier.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This link below show the "classic" style CMC magazines that use the bumper pad that attaches with the two screws. Example of pad and screws are also shown on that link.

https://www.cmcproducts.com/Classic_c_56.html

The CMC Power mags, use the slide on pad, similar to the Wilson 47D style, not the same, but similar.

https://www.cmcproducts.com/Power-Mag_c_54.html

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.