Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Feedback Score
    I felt the same way about my LE6960. I had to send my upper to Centurion Arms so they could fix the issues that Colt made when they over torqued the rail system. Centurion replaced the entire rail at no cost. I finally traded my LE6960 this past week at my local GS for a Daniel Defense MK18...…Much happier now.
    Last edited by 11Bravo20; 04-20-19 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I love all the guys touting the 6920, but the OP is talking about the 6960 ... the free float mid-length "Colt Combat Unit Carbine"

Lighter sometimes means bigger recoil, which is why a light weight revolver may not be the best choice for a new shooter. Plus, comparing midlength vs carbine is a little apples to oranges.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’d be alright with a 1.5” group at 50 with an MRO with the occasional better group. It’s not a match precision gun an optic combo. If your not happy win the feel, it’s a different gun. It’s going to feel different. Unless it’s some kind of holy cow that hurt feeling I would not worry and drive on.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Hers my take:

#1 you can’t judge performance based on one range trip with loads developed for another rifle.

#2 you are comparing a pencil barrel to a government-ish contour barrel. There will be more recoil with a lighter weight barrel. It’s physics. There is a reason many shooters run comps on LW barrels.

#3 your priorities are out of line when considering “accuracy”. These guns aren’t made for bench shooting. They are made for running hard, dirty, and in all environments. You as a shooter are likely incapable of out-shooting either one, especially with a red dot.

#4 “comfort” is subjective and is likely developed from repetition with a given rifle. If you dislike the furniture, and can’t seem to adapt as a beta, then you can change our the plastic furniture.

#5 if you still hate it I’ll give you a basic M4 for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm digging it now, I was a much better shooter today. The first target is open sights from my MP, first time shooting it since I took the MRO off. So it needed adjusted. The second target is 20 rounds thru the Colt after I rezeroed the MRO. Both targets are 50 yards, slow fire. Yeah I have 2 fliers, but still put a smile on my face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    I got the targets backwards the first the 20 rounds from Colt the second is the first 5 rounds from MP.

Feedback Score
    I understand your points, and agree. I bench shoot to see how capable I am with a rifle. I visit my brother in law to do some run N gun. Working on marksmanship is also building a foundation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just run it..... I built a rifle using the then new BCM enhanced lightweight barrel and KMR rail. The first 150 rds were quite suspect in the accuracy dept. Function was perfect (the most important part) but I was concerned I'd bought an accuracy lemon. The advice from M4C was to shoot the rifle, its not a bench gun. So that's what I did. Well thousands of rds later, the rifle is plenty accurate, and function has been perfect. Did the barrel need broke in? Or did I adapt to the new trigger? I'm not sure. All I know is I thought I had a problem, but i didn't after a few range trips. It's my favorite rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30in1 View Post
    And in case you don't like the 6960..... I've been wanting to buy one so you can sell it to me .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    You might want to hurry up with a purchase. My LGS says the 6960 has dropped off.his vendor list and bud's has less than 10 in stock. I'm suspecting they might be discontinued.

Feedback Score
    Any Idea who make the 6960 barrel?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast