Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Nothing wrong with the rifle, but I thought I it would be a superior experience shooting it. The Colt is noticable lighter the MP, and recoils a little more. I transfered the Trijicon RMO from the MP to the Colt and I'm not quite as accurate. However, I am using 55gr reloads that work very well in the MP. I'm going to take the Colt tomorrow morning with a box of Hornady 55gr V-max ammo that I have and see if I can shoot better. I'll probably hold off on the coffee until get back home. If interested here's a link to the MP. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...lat-dark-earth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sechott View Post
    Nothing wrong with the rifle, but I thought I it would be a superior experience shooting it. The Colt is noticable lighter the MP, and recoils a little more. I transfered the Trijicon RMO from the MP to the Colt and I'm not quite as accurate. However, I am using 55gr reloads that work very well in the MP. I'm going to take the Colt tomorrow morning with a box of Hornady 55gr V-max ammo that I have and see if I can shoot better. I'll probably hold off on the coffee until get back home. If interested here's a link to the MP. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...lat-dark-earth
    The problems we talk about in lesser weapons don't always manifest in 1 range trip. They actually may never manifest. But, when the chips are down that 6920 will work.
    You can bet that colt was built right.

You don't buy a 6920 for comfort. You buy it for predictability of performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SOLGW; 04-19-19 at 21:26.

Feedback Score
    The 6920 has a carbine gas system which is going to be a harsher cycle of a mud length or rifle gas system..
    I'm not sure which gas system the M&P uses.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm confused what you don't like about the rifle?

Only thing I would change about the 6920 is throwing in a sprinco white.

Feedback Score
    This is the mid gas system Colt 6960 not 6920. The MP is a carbine gas system. I not saying I'm disappointed in my purchase, I just had my expectations up, that would be a lot nicer then shooting the MP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What size groups is the Colt shooting and at what distance?

55g V-Max will shoot well in any good rifle or carbine.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Usually over 1.25" at 50 yards and sometimes less than 3/4". I can keep the MP with the same ammo much tighter. I might have been the biggest factor. The groups were still much tighter than my groups at 25 yards during basic training. Anyway I'm taking it out this morning with a more visible target, factory Hornady ammo, no coffee and see if I can do better this trip.

Feedback Score
    Guys with M&P15s overwhelmingly report that they shoot well.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-20-19 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And in case you don't like the 6960..... I've been wanting to buy one so you can sell it to me .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    I felt the same way about my LE6960. I had to send my upper to Centurion Arms so they could fix the issues that Colt made when they over torqued the rail system. Centurion replaced the entire rail at no cost. I finally traded my LE6960 this past week at my local GS for a Daniel Defense MK18...…Much happier now.
    Last edited by 11Bravo20; 04-20-19 at 10:41.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast