Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Feedback Score
    Actually on a more serious note, I like my LE6960 a lot. The Centurion handguard is small and comfortable, the gun itself is light and transitions quickly, and is quite an accurate shooter. If anything, in my experience, Colt barrels whomever the source, are shooters. The Magpul furniture is decent, my first real experience with the MOE SL stock, and it may be the best of the basic buttstocks. I’ll swap some items out due to personal preferences. My only gripes were poor assembly of the handguard, and the upper to lower fit sucks. Yes, I know it doesn’t really affect anything, but it’s still a big letdown. Got mine online for an even $1000. I think a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger585 View Post
    Why?

For those (like me) who didn't know what this is,

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Second listing under "buffer springs"

Part # 25003 " Tactical Springs LLC M4 / CAR-15 STANDARD POWER Moly-Plated Chrome Silicon CARBINE Buffer Spring in Hard Tube (Color Coded WHITE)"
    Hello,

I should be more active on the forum, sorry for now reading your PM until now.

Basically, the Sprinco white is just a better version of the basic "mil-spec" spring. The spring is just made better and will therefore last longer, but it won't be messing around chasing ghosts trying to tune the rifle. The 6920 is just a workhorse and is already set up for duty/self-defense.

Feedback Score
    I see that Colt has dropped the LE6960 on their website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sechott View Post
    I see that Colt has dropped the LE6960 on their website.
    It’s a shame. I’d really liked to have had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Sionics Patrol 3E with the optional LW barrel is essentially the same with better customer service and QC. They're right around $1100. Unless you're married to the idea of owning a Colt the Sionics is a fantastic rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    It’s a shame. I’d really liked to have had one.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Le6960

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Not in the budget right now, but one is on my short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have found few guns that are more accurate than the $600 (sometimes less) M&P15. They are good accurate shooters. As for the Colt, you have a gun that will work. It is going to be more than adequate in accuracy. It has a good trigger. It is a sub <$1k rifle. I don't see the problem. Learn to like it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    The Sionics Patrol 3E with the optional LW barrel is essentially the same with better customer service and QC. They're right around $1100. Unless you're married to the idea of owning a Colt the Sionics is a fantastic rifle.
    Shameless plug for Sionics, but I couldn't agree more. I bought both a few years ago, but got/shot the Sionics first and the 6960 has never had a round through it, if that tells you anything. My Sionics (LaRue trigger) is the best AR I've owned and there's no way Colt could do the same or better at the $1100 price point. Even the factory trigger was about half the weight of the last 6920 I owned and wouldn't have needed replacing.

Also, the only guns I've ever had "feelings" over were full-auto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo20 View Post
    I felt the same way about my LE6960. I had to send my upper to Centurion Arms so they could fix the issues that Colt made when they over torqued the rail system. Centurion replaced the entire rail at no cost. I finally traded my LE6960 this past week at my local GS for a Daniel Defense MK18...…Much happier now.
    2+ year old thread but curios how this happened.

Over torqued barrel nut or the 2 screws that holds the rail to the barrel nut? How does that damage the rail exactly?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast