Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Feedback Score

I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Nothing wrong with the rifle, but I thought I it would be a superior experience shooting it. The Colt is noticable lighter the MP, and recoils a little more. I transfered the Trijicon RMO from the MP to the Colt and I'm not quite as accurate. However, I am using 55gr reloads that work very well in the MP. I'm going to take the Colt tomorrow morning with a box of Hornady 55gr V-max ammo that I have and see if I can shoot better. I'll probably hold off on the coffee until get back home. If interested here's a link to the MP. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...lat-dark-earth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sechott View Post
    Nothing wrong with the rifle, but I thought I it would be a superior experience shooting it. The Colt is noticable lighter the MP, and recoils a little more. I transfered the Trijicon RMO from the MP to the Colt and I'm not quite as accurate. However, I am using 55gr reloads that work very well in the MP. I'm going to take the Colt tomorrow morning with a box of Hornady 55gr V-max ammo that I have and see if I can shoot better. I'll probably hold off on the coffee until get back home. If interested here's a link to the MP. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...lat-dark-earth
    The problems we talk about in lesser weapons don't always manifest in 1 range trip. They actually may never manifest. But, when the chips are down that 6920 will work.
    You can bet that colt was built right.

You don't buy a 6920 for comfort. You buy it for predictability of performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SOLGW; 04-19-19 at 21:26.

Feedback Score
    The 6920 has a carbine gas system which is going to be a harsher cycle of a mud length or rifle gas system..
    I'm not sure which gas system the M&P uses.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm confused what you don't like about the rifle?

Only thing I would change about the 6920 is throwing in a sprinco white.

Feedback Score
    This is the mid gas system Colt 6960 not 6920. The MP is a carbine gas system. I not saying I'm disappointed in my purchase, I just had my expectations up, that would be a lot nicer then shooting the MP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What size groups is the Colt shooting and at what distance?

55g V-Max will shoot well in any good rifle or carbine.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Usually over 1.25" at 50 yards and sometimes less than 3/4". I can keep the MP with the same ammo much tighter. I might have been the biggest factor. The groups were still much tighter than my groups at 25 yards during basic training. Anyway I'm taking it out this morning with a more visible target, factory Hornady ammo, no coffee and see if I can do better this trip.

Feedback Score
    Guys with M&P15s overwhelmingly report that they shoot well.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-20-19 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And in case you don't like the 6960..... I've been wanting to buy one so you can sell it to me .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A handload that works well with one rifle is in no way guaranteed to work well in any other. You may get better results with 55 grain V-Max.

If you want to give legitimate accuracy information, you should try FGGM, Black Hills, and other match ammo, and at least 7x magnification.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-20-19 at 09:54.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast