Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered_Pair View Post
    I have experienced similar let down with a Colt, but mine is a 6920 to me it's just another M4 nothing spectacular, it's rugged as hell and has proven reliability
    That's pretty much all I was expecting and wanting from my 6940. For a noticeably enhanced shooting experience, I'd expect to spend considerably more $. What you get from the basic Colts like the 6920 is an AR above hobby grade for a fair price.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    "Any Idea who make the 6960 barrel?"

I heard it was being outsourced to Bear Creek arsenal and or radical firearms😂
    Last edited by SwampYankee; 05-07-19 at 18:24. Reason: To dumb to use quote function

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I'm promise that I'm not being facetious, but what were you expecting that the 6920 let you down? Same to O.P. and the 6960?
    Nothing with the gun in particular, more in lack of innovation from the company the 6920 is a solid M4, but since the introduction of the platform nothing has changed. I've had that 6920 for years, AR owners are finicky I went looking at advancements available and now it is possible with research to build a carbine that will smoke any factory gun.

I still shoot a 90 year old 38 Super because I do like Colt products in general.

Maybe for me it is a "grass is greener" situation.
    Veteran US Army Combat Medic/US Navy FMF Corpsman

"Well placed gun fire is the best preventive medicine."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered_Pair View Post
    Nothing with the gun in particular, more in lack of innovation from the company the 6920 is a solid M4, but since the introduction of the platform nothing has changed. I've had that 6920 for years, AR owners are finicky I went looking at advancements available and now it is possible with research to build a carbine that will smoke any factory gun.

I still shoot a 90 year old 38 Super because I do like Colt products in general.

Maybe for me it is a "grass is greener" situation.
    What capabilities would a gun that you build have that would allow it to "smoke" a 6920?

There are a lot of guys running a 6920 that can out shoot 99% of shooters I am betting..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    What capabilities would a gun that you build have that would allow it to "smoke" a 6920?

There are a lot of guys running a 6920 that can out shoot 99% of shooters I am betting..
    Accuracy, better triggers, grips, stocks- mostly more fine tuning for the individual. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Colt builds, but in the last 20 years there has been a lot of advancements in the industry so there are better components than what most manufacturers use in Mass production guns.

And I agree that most guns on the higher end are better than the operators abilities.
    Last edited by Hammered_Pair; 05-19-19 at 08:44.
    Veteran US Army Combat Medic/US Navy FMF Corpsman

"Well placed gun fire is the best preventive medicine."

Feedback Score
    A 2011 6920 was my first “combat” quality rifle. I didn’t expect and wasn’t looking for exceptional accuracy, but the rifle is sub 2MOA with xm193 and better with some other loads. The stock trigger was horrendous and replaced with a Geissele. Also put a free float rail on it. I imagine those things helped. I feel that there are many people who have reported above average accuracy (for what they are) with Colt barrels.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    People shouldn't buy a 6920 expecting some magical life changing experience at first shot. You buy a 6920 because it can be ran as is right off the rack if you want, or you can use it as the base to create whatever type of rifle you're looking for. It will last you a long time.

I was pumped when the OEM models came out. Now I won't have to deal with storing or throwing away the basic M4 stocks, A2 grips, and fugly handguards.

Feedback Score
    Looks like the Colt OEM availability is drying up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Looks like the Colt OEM availability is drying up.
    I think the OEM(2) has been discontinued. A vendor was selling them for $605 a few months ago.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I'm confused what you don't like about the rifle?

Only thing I would change about the 6920 is throwing in a sprinco white.
    Why?

For those (like me) who didn't know what this is,

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Second listing under "buffer springs"

Part # 25003 " Tactical Springs LLC M4 / CAR-15 STANDARD POWER Moly-Plated Chrome Silicon CARBINE Buffer Spring in Hard Tube (Color Coded WHITE)"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast