Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not "digging" my new LE6960 as much as I expected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I think the OEM(2) has been discontinued. A vendor was selling them for $605 a few months ago.
    Yep, I bought one of those.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered_Pair View Post
    Nothing with the gun in particular, more in lack of innovation from the company the 6920 is a solid M4, but since the introduction of the platform nothing has changed. I've had that 6920 for years, AR owners are finicky I went looking at advancements available and now it is possible with research to build a carbine that will smoke any factory gun.

I still shoot a 90 year old 38 Super because I do like Colt products in general.

Maybe for me it is a "grass is greener" situation.
    I think that you need to look at the 6920 as a good beginner platform.

The AR15, and, I'd imagine, the AK, are really the first readily available modular firearms. With minimal skills and equipment one can build a completely personalized, and most importantly, functional rifle, within a reasonable, or, extravagant budget, whichever you please.

Even with the plethora of after market parts and support available for handguns such as the Glocks, the M&P's, etc., you cannot as easily build one from the frame up close to or cheaper than you can buy a factory pistol (I left the 1911 out because of cost and the fact that it takes somewhat more mechanical/technical experience to put together a safe and reliable one).

Think of the 6920 as a Glock 17 - a firearm which will give you reliable service as is, or an excellent starting point for modifications to make the firearm more suitable for specific uses. If you leave it bone stock, you haven't made a mistake. Likewise, if you tear it down to bare receivers and start over, or choose to do it a little at a time, you still haven't made a mistake.

JMO
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-19-19 at 21:33.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Colt rifle is not a one night stand with Selena Gomez. The Colt is the wife of 20 years that always keeps a good sandwich at the ready and is DTF whenever. She’s just got a crooked face.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The Colt rifle is not a one night stand with Selena Gomez. The Colt is the wife of 20 years that always keeps a good sandwich at the ready and is DTF whenever. She’s just got a crooked face.
    This is legendary.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    epic and quote worthy.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered_Pair View Post
    Accuracy, better triggers, grips, stocks- mostly more fine tuning for the individual. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Colt builds, but in the last 20 years there has been a lot of advancements in the industry so there are better components than what most manufacturers use in Mass production guns.
    Just seems like you're disappointed that your rack grade combat weapon ended up being a rack grade combat weapon. 6920's are the Chevy VORTECs of carbines. If you were looking for a blower and dry sump you bought the wrong motor, but you can grab that JEGS or Summit Racing catalog and build whatever you want out of a solid and proven architecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger585 View Post
    Why?

For those (like me) who didn't know what this is,

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Second listing under "buffer springs"

Part # 25003 " Tactical Springs LLC M4 / CAR-15 STANDARD POWER Moly-Plated Chrome Silicon CARBINE Buffer Spring in Hard Tube (Color Coded WHITE)"
    Sprinco seems to differentiate between a carbine spring and a M4 spring?

Feedback Score
    Same thing. They seem to be covering their bases for people who are not sure if their platform is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Sprinco seems to differentiate between a carbine spring and a M4 spring?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I see in this thread that people have been "let down" by the shooting experience of Colt. They don't mention accuracy or reliability issues, just feelings.

What exactly is the expectation of a shooting a Colt supposed to be? I own a 6920 and 6933, along with three BCM's, and I don't think I could differentiate between the "experience" of shooting any of them....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I see in this thread that people have been "let down" by the shooting experience of Colt. They don't mention accuracy or reliability issues, just feelings.

What exactly is the expectation of a shooting a Colt supposed to be? I own a 6920 and 6933, along with three BCM's, and I don't think I could differentiate between the "experience" of shooting any of them....
    I would agree, I don't see how we can argue someone feeling "let down". A firearm is no more responsible for feelings and emotional content than the Easter bunny.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast