Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nick Wantland - VLTOR A5 Buffer System

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We base our products off TDP, then make changes on top of the dimensions and tolerances. Technically speaking, they're not TDP spec anymore, neither is A5, or any 3rd party development that differs from the original Colt drawings. If we made all things TDP spec, we'd be making factory parts. The important parts where we don't make changes to adhere to TDP specs.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    I see a few posts lately about these RE’s, so this may be the right place to bring this up. Seems availability being an issue and cost for some, so why not a flat wire?

Is there a real advantage to the A5 over the Tubbs flat wire spring? Seems like other than possible heavier buffer options and the spring in the buffer they are nearly accomplishing the same thing, more spring coils to work with.

So if heavier weights are not needed, and the spring in the buffer is not noticeable, am I missing out? I couldn’t imagine my AR’s possibly running any smoother or reliably. I’m talking BCM middy, H2, & flat wire, with 22lr like recoil but smooth. Runs PMC bronze, steel cased, 5.56, 77gr etc

I have no experience with the A5 personally, but am considering purchasing one just for comparison.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I cant tell a correctly gassed carbine from a vltor. Vltor comes into its own when you're trying to fix issues, imo

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Everything on this site used to be TDP, TDP, TDP, and more TDP.

To suggest something like the A5 should come standard on rifles would be blasphemy and you would be burned as a heretic.
    At the time, there was good reason for it. Alot of feces was being flung around the market with no real way to discern the difference. TDP is not the end-all-be-all. But if you're going to deviate, you should be able to articulate specific reasoning for it and provide data to back it up instead of a just great marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    At the time, there was good reason for it. Alot of feces was being flung around the market with no real way to discern the difference. TDP is not the end-all-be-all. But if you're going to deviate, you should be able to articulate specific reasoning for it and provide data to back it up instead of a just great marketing.
    There was a lot of feces being thrown around here by the mustache petes of the board.

Feedback Score
    Anyone try an A5 on a MK 18?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456