Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Wantland - VLTOR A5 Buffer System

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    What about the spring in the A5 kit? is it a Sprinco spring or their own proprietary spring?
    Their kit comes with a standard rifle spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any thoughts on using the new rifle-length Super 42 buffer spring from Geissele with an A5 system? Considerations? Would you be better off using the included buffer from Geissele or the A5 buffer?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    Any thoughts on using the new rifle-length Super 42 buffer spring from Geissele with an A5 system? Considerations? Would you be better off using the included buffer from Geissele or the A5 buffer?
    I wouldn't at all. Those are two entirely different systems. I don't think the Geissele spring would even work. IIRC, their buffer needs a smaller OD to fit inside the spring so standard dimension buffers won't fit.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I wouldn't at all. Those are two entirely different systems. I don't think the Geissele spring would even work. IIRC, their buffer needs a smaller OD to fit inside the spring so standard dimension buffers won't fit.
    Only their carbine length spring requires the super42 buffer. The rifle spring works with a normal rifle extension and buffer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Only their carbine length spring requires the super42 buffer. The rifle spring works with a normal rifle extension and buffer.
    Well shit, I missed that. Interesting.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You can't even back order them now.

Ok, I see that. However, buffers are available, as well as comparable buffer tubes and springs.
    I don't see a problem here.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did anyone ever make a rifle length buffer tube to accept collapsible stocks? Granted it would essentially limit you to maybe one adjustment shorter than an A1 stock, but would seem to be a worthwhile part.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Are the A5 parts really that hard to source?
    Not hard at all most of the time, just not necessarily from the same vendor or manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Heavybuffers has the buffers and Vltor REs in stock.
    At $75 bucks a pop no wonder there are the only ones with any in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I might be missing something, but I own all three A5 receiver extensions (Vltor, BCM and Magpul). I would use whichever one was in stock. All of them are of equal quality.
    Exactly same here. I'll often piggyback A5 components when they are in stock with other orders just to have them.

You can't even back order them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Ok, I see that. However, buffers are available, as well as comparable buffer tubes and springs.
    I don't see a problem here.
    Why buy the kits in the first place? I'd rather buy the exact components (buffer weight of choice, Sprinco green spring, QD end plate) I want from the start.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Stuff ebbs and flows...

Production runs start and stop...

Things to in and out of stock...

A5 has been out for a good long time, but seem to have gained traction with more people using suppressors lately.

So IMO demand has increased and production / supply has yet to catch up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Does he talk about what happened with the Marine Corps and the A5?
    As far as I remember they said there was no quantifiable increase in reliability over the carbine/H6 setup so they didn't go with the A5.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast