Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 months of observations working at gun shop/in-door range.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing that gets me is the guys who show up at a training class without enough ammo when all communication prior to the class says exactly how much to bring. A fourth of the way into the live fire session and they are out and complaining to the instructor.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    One thing that gets me is the guys who show up at a training class without enough ammo when all communication prior to the class says exactly how much to bring. A fourth of the way into the live fire session and they are out and complaining to the instructor.
    That's one I've never seen in any of the classes I've taken or help host. I've personally run out when we've gone 20% past the number required, but that's a different story. Classmates were more than willing to pitch in to keep things moving.

Feedback Score
    working in tourism in the islands when I was younger the stupid questions statements and general thinking does make for some funny stories
    Last edited by Honu; 04-21-19 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What do you guys think the ratio of idiots shopping in a gun store is compared to idiots working in a gun store is?

Feedback Score
    Hahahahaha yup reckon more behind counter maybe
    Quite a few to cool for me types that’s for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What do you guys think the ratio of idiots shopping in a gun store is compared to idiots working in a gun store is?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I can hardly stand going into any 9f my lgs lately, and it's not the customers, it's the guys behind the counter.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    MIL guy showed up and was like "whenever I shot in the military, they had ammo.....". True. .

Granted, for the price of some classes, you'd think ammo was included....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Hard to say with the guys behind the counter. They are salesmen and obviously don't want to piss off customers. If anyone can put a chunk of metal/plastic on an altar and hold a grudge it's a gun owner

Feedback Score
    We all know the "Every Vietnam Vet was a sniper" cliche. Well I had a conversation, with someone that didn't know I'm a Vet, that went like this. "If I hadn't had a college deferment, they would have made me a sniper in Vietnam because I can kill deer out to 300 yards." I almost came out of my skin and choked him, but I just smiled and said, "I'm sure Sir."

I did get upset recently with one customer that is a 9/11 Truther. I just can't stand them.
    Last edited by Todd00000; 04-22-19 at 08:33.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can hear some really tall tales at any gun shop if you spend more than 20 minutes at the store. Maybe that 's why I have been buying more parts and gear online instead.

I've been teaching firearm courses for over 30 years and sometimes I hear even wilder tales from students. The old saying "the first liar doesn't stand a chance" comes to mind.
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast