Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 months of observations working at gun shop/in-door range.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My favorite NEW shop around here, also handles Class III/NFA items. Since they actually HAFTA know the law, they seem a bit sharper than the other stores in the area.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    My favorite NEW shop around here, also handles Class III/NFA items. Since they actually HAFTA know the law, they seem a bit sharper than the other stores in the area.
    We are sticklers also and it makes me wonder how large shops keep up with it all.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    I did get upset recently with one customer that is a 9/11 Truther. I just can't stand them.
    Have this song ready to play on your phone for next time you come across one, and start doing the dance with it. They'll either get the joke and laugh and move on, or get bewildered and leave. Win/win either way.

Seriously though, I've heard all the conspiracies about that event- the folks still obsessed with it, just haven't heard enough of them to realize that there's no way we randoms will ever know the whole truth- once that sinks in, it's pretty easy to get over it all. *shrug*

A side note- not really per people, but does anyone else find it odd when the shop pictures on the website make the place seem huge, and then when you walk in, they're always like, some little hole-in-the-wall place?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    A side note- not really per people, but does anyone else find it odd when the shop pictures on the website make the place seem huge, and then when you walk in, they're always like, some little hole-in-the-wall place?
    You just described my lgs to a tee and gave me a good laugh.

I was in Cabelas once looking around and some rando thought I needed to know they were buying a sweeeeeeeet red dot for their new AR and that they’d be shooting out to 100 yards as soon as they installed said red dot.

I shruged my shoulders gave him a nod and made for the exit. Something about big box stores gun sections that seem to really bring out the weirdos, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    You just described my lgs to a tee and gave me a good laugh.

I was in Cabelas once looking around and some rando thought I needed to know they were buying a sweeeeeeeet red dot for their new AR and that they’d be shooting out to 100 yards as soon as they installed said red dot.

I shruged my shoulders gave him a nod and made for the exit. Something about big box stores gun sections that seem to really bring out the weirdos, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Red dots??? Naw, it's all about the extendos, beams, and fotaycals.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was in Pfluggerville Texas at a large indoor range, just standing in line and a guy went off the rails on a like five year old.
    He was waiting to pay his money to shoot and someone else who was waiting in line had a random kid off of their leash and he started going through this guys range bag and pulling out some rather high end 1911's.
    I'm not a big fan of kids in gun shops or unattended anywhere there are firearms, that could have ended pretty tragically.
    Mom and Dad were six feet away talking with a clerk.

The very first time I went bird hunting with my Dad, he gleaned an undersized pumpkin out of a field and blew it to smithereens and explained why you have to be vigilant always. It made an impression.

Feedback Score
    My favorite one came two weeks ago. Kid in his late teens telling me, "I'm pretty sure my polymer AR receiver will outlast those aluminum ones."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    My favorite one came two weeks ago. Kid in his late teens telling me, "I'm pretty sure my polymer AR receiver will outlast those aluminum ones."
    We will know in 50 years. LOL
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    That is special kind of stupid there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Well let's get out to the range with a pallet of ammo and find out.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast