Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 260 Remington in the AR platform

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFArmsCo View Post
    All shooting has been done without FGMM ammo so far as my handloads I’ve got left over are built around the bolt gun I had in 260 Remington. Thinking maybe open the gas port up slowly until I get complete reliability, then use an adjustable gas block
    Just out of curiosity, what powder is in your handloads?

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Varget in 200 of them and I can’t remember what the rest are. The other powder worked MUCH better in my bolt gun I had, much more consistent than the Varget was. I’ll look when I get back to the shop
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Opened gas port to .080

Gun runs 85% now. I get a dead trigger about every 6 rounds. By that I mean the next round is chambered, but I get a “soft click” instead of a bang. Hammer drops but firing pin doesn’t even make a mark on the primer. I didn’t think to check whether the bolt was full locked or not, so I’ll try to do that tomorrow. Occasionally I still get a stovepipe double feed so there’s still some gas issue or an extractor issue. Waiting on the KAK dual extractor bolt to arrive, but I’m wondering if I possibly need a different buffer or spring or combo of both.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12