Been a fan of 260 Remington for a long time. Longer than 6.5 Creedmore has even been a thing but for some damn reason I can never get it to run in a semi auto.

I’ve tried multiple different guns, different barrel makes, but I can’t get it to cycle reliably. The latest build I tried it in was, and yes I’m gonna be shunned, a Diamondback DB10 that I had swapped the factory 308 barrel for a Ballistic Advantage 16in 308 Hanson Profile barrel. With that setup the gun functions flawlessly and with 168 FGMM ammo it shoots MOA or better from 100 to 400 which is all the distance I have.

I swapped out 2 separate barrel makes (Liberty/Satern Barrels 18in Stainless barrel in 260 Rem and a Shilen 20in Stainless in 260 Rem) and the gun will not cycle. It will do a multitude of things. From Bolt Override of the next round, to locking the bolt and spent cases up tight, to stovepipe and double feed to a combination of multiple of those.

Out of both of those barrels, multiple different types of magazines and multiple different ammo types, I consistently have the same issues, but when I swap back to the 308 BA Hanson barrel, the gun runs flawless.

I’ve tried the barrels on 4 other manufacturers of 308 AR’s as well and have the same exact issues.

Anyone got any suggestions on what could be causing this? I’d really really like to get this 260 Rem AR thing to work.