G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 260 Remington in the AR platform

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFArmsCo View Post
    All shooting has been done without FGMM ammo so far as my handloads I’ve got left over are built around the bolt gun I had in 260 Remington. Thinking maybe open the gas port up slowly until I get complete reliability, then use an adjustable gas block
    Just out of curiosity, what powder is in your handloads?

Feedback Score
    89 (97%)
    Varget in 200 of them and I can’t remember what the rest are. The other powder worked MUCH better in my bolt gun I had, much more consistent than the Varget was. I’ll look when I get back to the shop
    Owner of JF Arms Company

JF ARMS COMPANY
    ONLINE RETAILER AND TRAINING COURSES
    www.jfarmsco.com

Feedback Score
    89 (97%)
    Opened gas port to .080

Gun runs 85% now. I get a dead trigger about every 6 rounds. By that I mean the next round is chambered, but I get a “soft click” instead of a bang. Hammer drops but firing pin doesn’t even make a mark on the primer. I didn’t think to check whether the bolt was full locked or not, so I’ll try to do that tomorrow. Occasionally I still get a stovepipe double feed so there’s still some gas issue or an extractor issue. Waiting on the KAK dual extractor bolt to arrive, but I’m wondering if I possibly need a different buffer or spring or combo of both.
    Owner of JF Arms Company

JF ARMS COMPANY
    ONLINE RETAILER AND TRAINING COURSES
    www.jfarmsco.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12