Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any experience with the m600df and the HL-x?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone have any experience with the m600df and the HL-x?

I am needing a light for my 6.8 build that is kinda loosely based of the sopmod block II. In my past with the military and after I have pretty much only used surefire lights. So streeamlight came out with the HL-x and is about 1/3 the price of the surefire m600df setup with the cloud defense system. I would love to hear anyone who has both chime in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    I've got both and prefer the Surefire M600 DF. Its American made, it has a noticeably brighter hot spot, its smaller than the HLX, and has a rechargeable battery. According to the paperwork that comes with the M600 DF the battery will remain charged when not in use for 2-3 years if kept at moderate temperatures. So having a spare battery is another plus.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    I had already read that as well as done a search. I am looking for experience with both lights thus the thread...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I had already read that as well as done a search. I am looking for experience with both lights thus the thread...
    The HLX has held up through a couple of 2 day classes but I prefer the M600 DF.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Basically I’m slightly bored so let me save you some time. Based on other threads, forums, YouTube videos and reviews Get ready to hear a lot of similar responses

“My streamlight broke surefire is better”

“Have both but I prefer this brand or light/beam pattern/mount/tape switch of the streamlight/surefire”

“I bought 3 streamlights for the cost of 1 surefire”

“Streamlights have too many light functions”

So if you care about beam pattern watch some YouTube videos comparing those lights and choose the one you like best.

If you want what most people say is the most durable and consistent get the surefire.

If you want to save some cash get the streamlight.

Otherwise enjoy the debate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 04-21-19 at 17:16.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately on a gun forum its hard to get a consensus based on empirical data when all people do is buy stuff based off of reviews but then never really use it except maybe occasionally.
    To satisfy your curiosity maybe you could buy both, take them both out at night and see for yourself based off your own experience which one you like better and then return the other one.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I went with Modlite. I considered a DF head for it, but prefer the throw of the modlite head. Here is mine, targets at 100m, 3m apart.

30 minute runtime, and my scale gets it at 3.6oz, but I trust Modlites published 4oz more.

Here is the HLX, handheld, 1000L

*My modlite is around 1250 lumens and uses a warm emitter. Their normal production ones will be 1500 and use a cooler emitter.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-21-19 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    If all you've known is Surefire, it's going to be hard to go to anything lesser which despite what some will say, the Streamlight is. Not to say it won't be good enough for your uses. Just know that going in. The biggest ding I personally have with the HLX is all the functions. I myself have not had the HLX go down on me but personally know 3 people that have.

If this is just going to be a range gun and sit in the safe with the occasional class, the Streamlight should be G2G. If you're going to be training with it, running it through shoot houses and/or for duty (i.e accidentally banging it on shit). Go with the Surefire. Be honest with yourself and what the usage will be and go from there.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have probably 50 of the HL-X lights issued out with my agency in AZ. Some have only been in use a couple months. Others for close to a year.

They're holding up fine. The only negative feedback I've had is that the constant on switch on the pressure pad sticks up kind of high and is easy to bump on accident.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast