Thread: Left handed rimfire

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Left handed rimfire

I am looking for a left hand 77/22 pattern rifle. Does such a thing exist in the clone world? A lot of folks copy the 10/22, but I can’t recall seeing a 77/22. I know there are other brands that make lefty rifles. I have some. I’m looking for a Ruger because I have a barrel already that I want to use. I’d rather use Ruger pattern mags too. Buying another non-Ruger and having a custom barrel made that replicates my existing barrel is a last resort.

The lefty Ruger pattern gun is the easy button, I just can’t find it. If anyone knows of a clone that might suffice I’d appreciate the direction.

Thanks.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    Nong shim,
    You may want to check over at rimfirecentral. I searched their catalog and it looks like there is no 77/22 rimfire LH model.

I don't have the Left hand model, but my CZ 452 and 455 .22LR rifles are amazing shooters and beautifully made with Turkish walnut.

May be worth a look.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have searched for such a thing before as well; no love.

Somewhat O.T., but dang, it is frustrating being a left-eye dominant, LH shooter and trying to find a decent LH rimfire bolt action. I had a CZ 452 as well years ago, loved it, but eventually sold as I wanted a more modern design and a heavy barrel. Now I have.......no rimfire bolt action at all. Just 10/22's, some accurized with a heavy barrel. Would love to get one of the new Rimfire American rifles in a LH model, but they aren't offering it. Same story with the new Tikka rimfire. All you have really for LH right now is Savage, probably the most LH-friendly company for bolt action rifles that I'm aware of. Of course there's Anschutz that has a couple LH models, but IMHO, they are sweet but way overpriced for what you get--a CZ is more economical and shoots as well or better. If you were willing to spend what an Aschutz would cost, I would instead go with Vudoo, who will build you a full Rem700-pattern custom rimfire that costs as much as a centerfire custom rifle. Beautiful, but too much for my taste. Kind of a bleak market for LH rimfire shooters at the moment, which is why most of us end up going semiauto or just using RH models.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like I’ll just have to have a custom barrel made, which isn’t the end of the world by any means.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    Tikka has said it is coming out with a lefty t1x rimfire.

Ref thread on snipershide rimfire forum

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post

Now that’s some good news!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Now that’s some good news!
    Yes it is. I would get one as soon as they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post

ETA: Can you give a link to that thread? Not finding it...
    Last edited by maximus83; 06-11-19 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well the (awesome) rumor of the left-handed Tikka T1x rimfire is confirmed: it's coming out this year. ETA, I guess one thing worth keeping in mind though, based on historical experience with Tikka: they do make some left-handed rifles that make it to the US, and some don't. For example, it's really hard to get left-handed CTR and Varmint models in the US. Us lefties should cross our fingers and hope that the T1x will not be one of those that never gets here.

Their 2019 catalog: https://www.tikka.fi/sites/default/f...logue_2019.pdf

As usual, we aimed high and Tikka T1x was designed with the same uncompromising
    craftsmanship that defines all of our products: stainless steel bolt, high quality trigger
    unit previously limited to Tikka centerfire rifles and compatibility with most T3x
    accessories. Based on the feedback, we hit the mark once again. This year we are
    releasing a much demanded left-handed version.
    Last edited by maximus83; 06-27-19 at 17:30.