Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Secrecy, Self-Dealing, and Greed at the N.R.A.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by themonk; 04-29-19 at 06:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    This should not divide us. If you let it divide us you are falling into their trap. Support both the NRA and GOA and any other legitimate force helping keep the .gov at bay.

The answer isn't one or the other, it is both.

No, the NRA isn't perfect, GOA isn't perfect either. The NRA has made mistakes in the past and I expect they will make more. Doesn't change the fact that if the NRA loses, we all lose.

Why so many gun owners are binary is confounding to me. It is exactly why we keep losing. Let's stroll back in time to the summer of 2016 when so many were against Trump. Well, regardless of his imperfections, he's the most conservative President we've had in a very long time. Yes, including the stupid, utterly unenforceable bump stock ban. Yet, many of you continue the quest for the perfect candidate.

We'd all be better off if you just didn't vote.

Amen. Very well said.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HEY NRA!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CNN just had someone being interviewed about the Ollie North v. LaPierre struggle and the fact that North is stepping down. The host had this shit eating smirk on his face while he said, “it certainly is interesting. We will have to see what happens.”
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    HEY NRA!

The one cup of coffee Google challenge... 2018, immediately filed a lawsuit against Florida's law raising firearms purchasing age to 21. Supported Ron DeSantis for the governor's race, which he won despite the Parkland shooting. Through a massive advertising campaign, put the brakes on the wave of gun control measures in the wake of Parkland (just like they have for every other mass shooting..other than bumpstocks which pissed me off too). Filed suit with the SFA against Washington 1639 and a half dozen other lawsuits in Washington challenging various gun control laws and release of information about gun owners. Involved in no less than 12 lawsuits in California against CA gun control measures. NRA backed legislation in OK, SD and KY gets constitutional carry in those states. NRA backed candidates for the Senate and House won 106 and lost 33 races. Big wins like Braun in Indiana helped secure a gun rights safe Senate.

I found that in 10 minutes...typed and drank coffee at the same time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AKDoug: If the NRA is so awesome, why cant I buy tommy guns and Colt Monitors like dude did in Highwaymen?

I would actually pay the cuck tax for a brand new 240 if sold at cost.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Still, even its critics in the gun-rights movement concede the NRA, with more than 5 million members, is by far the most powerful and well-connected gun lobby. It has protected firearms manufacturers from liability for gun violence and pushed a ban on U.S. health officials from promoting gun control. In 2005 it shepherded through Florida’s landmark “stand your ground” law, then repeated the feat in nearly half the states.
    It is time for a better NRA, but not the time to abolish it. Abolishing it will further embolden the anti-gunners. Can you imagine the political hay the anti-gunners would reap if they took down the NRA? It would be the first domino and local gun groups wouldn't stand a chance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It is time for a better NRA, but not the time to abolish it. Abolishing it will further embolden the anti-gunners. Can you imagine the political hay the anti-gunners would reap if they took down the NRA? It would be the first domino and local gun groups wouldn't stand a chance.
    I agree. Wayne, and his minions have to go, if Ollie North is stepping down, that's another plus,I was never very comfortable having him invloved. The NRA needs some new faces who do more than preach the choir..The article on the first page gave some insight on how to take the NRA out..simply by removing their non profit status, if there are as the article stated, lots of red flags, and if it dosen't stop, you can bet the next democrat president will order the IRS to look into it, and, remove their non profit status, and, they'll fold up in a matter of months,if not weeks.This is why a housecleaning is sorely needed. If Wayne dosen't want to step down voluntarily, then the board should vote to forceably remove him, one way or another Wayne and his corrupt buddies need to go, and go now. If they don't they will continue to bleed the NRA dry, until there's nothing left. I don't think the NRA could make it through a federal investgation, especially if it was run by Democrats, and I think that's where this is going to end up if a housecleaning isn't done soon...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I didn't say anything about abolishing it. It won't be a better NRA by continuing on as usual though.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast