Thread: Way to carry reload mag for EDC

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Way to carry reload mag for EDC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doesn’t look like a good idea. Can’t use a grip plug which in my opinion is required on a carry gun and it could possibly impede reloading if the clip was bent, damaged or snagged something. Best to keep the magazine carrying system separate from the magazine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Doesn’t look like a good idea. Can’t use a grip plug which in my opinion is required on a carry gun and it could possibly impede reloading if the clip was bent, damaged or snagged something. Best to keep the magazine carrying system separate from the magazine.
    What he said
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    If you haven't seen them, check out the Neo Mag. I carry a spare G19 mag in a Neo Mag with the deep clip. Stays in place, looks like a pocket knife, and is versatile enough to use in any style of dress.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Seems there is no universal consensus that a butt plug is a necessity on a carry gun. I have never used one but I don't make it a habit of dragging my gun through the dirt and clean it regularly. The hole also makes it easier to grab the mag and rip it out in a malfunction.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 04-22-19 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Clever idea but I'd worry about the plug/clip part of that getting slightly misaligned and screwing your reload.

I use a SnagMag to carry my reload currently, although it's not exactly perfect either in my opinion, I've had issues with retention in the past and I don't think it's a good choice if you do a lot of running around, climbing things etc, but it generally works for my typical day to day EDC needs. Before that I used a Safariland single horizontal mag carrier. It protected and retained the magazine well but I got tired of the extra encumbrance on my pants belt, hence my decision to go with the SnagMag pocket-carry method.

Feedback Score
    I see no advantage to this design. The fact that their video spokesman is wearing an Alien Gear jersey tells me who their target audience is.

Yes, the grip plug is quite helpful, especially for reloads. This prevents that, however, even without a grip plug, ensuring the clip doesn’t interfere is one more complication to the reload.

This system provides nothing that can or be provided by carrying a magazine in more of a traditional fashion but does complicate the process.

Hard pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This falls under the silly gizmo category, no thanks.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Seems there is no universal consensus that a butt plug is a necessity on a carry gun. I have never used one but I don't make it a habit of dragging my gun through the dirt and clean it regularly. The hole also makes it easier to grab the mag and rip it out in a malfunction.
    I’ve carried a gun for a living and every day concealed when I wasn’t working or on duty and I’m amazed at the dust, dirt and lint that makes it’s was up to the trigger parts of a Glock.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Eeegads.

Good luck with that.