Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very strange gas problem.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Very strange gas problem.

Manufacturer is investigating but has found nothing.

I shoot roughly 30k rounds a year and have 4 of this same rifle.

Anyways... rifle in question is a ZEV (mega arms) factory built rifle. It has zero malfunctions and is very accuarate. The problem is that when the rifle is cold gas pours out of the bolt catch. Exactly like if i were to be running a suppressor. After 2 or 3 magazines it stops doing this. I cannot come up with a reason for this and neither can anyone else it seems. It is bad enough that it makes the rifle hard to shoot. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did you swap BCG and see what happened?

Something is loose, it gets hot, expands and seals. I'd think gas key is most likely, even if it feels tight to the fingers it may not be "sealed"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Did you swap BCG and see what happened?

Something is loose, it gets hot, expands and seals. I'd think gas key is most likely, even if it feels tight to the fingers it may not be "sealed"
    I will try that tomorrow. I have several bcg i can swap with

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Do you mean the ejection port? Makes the rifle hard to shoot due to gas to the face?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Double

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Do you mean the ejection port? Makes the rifle hard to shoot due to gas to the face?
    Nope. Literally billows out of the bolt catch

Feedback Score
    Run a wire through your gas key, check your BCG and make sure port holes are clear

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eklarsen View Post
    Run a wire through your gas key, check your BCG and make sure port holes are clear
    Will try that also. Put a backup bcg that has never been fired. Will take to range tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I would look at the gas key. Sounds like it is loose or simply isn't sealing until it gets warmed up
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    New bcg has solved the issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast