Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Colt still good?

Feedback Score

Is Colt still good?

My next AR15 is going to be a basic but high quality carbine. Colt was first on my list until I read the thread about Colt outsourcing and seen people like Chris Bartocci slam Colt.

Are they still a baseline reference of a well made mil spec AR?

Feedback Score
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he said.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    What he said.
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    I bought a 6920 in 2016,put a colt 14.5” m4 barrel (pinned and welded),geissele ssa trigger and a ta31 h-g.it has about 3,500-4,000 ish rounds with nary a hiccup.i am very happy with its performance.
    The build specs are pretty easy to find,I would compare with others in the price range(if they are even disclosed!!).to me the choice was an easy one.
    I feel mine was an excellent value and have not experienced buyers remorse in the three years I have owned it.
    Ymmv.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post
    My next AR15 is going to be a basic but high quality carbine. Colt was first on my list until I read the thread about Colt outsourcing and seen people like Chris Bartocci slam Colt.

If you read all 40+ pages (unfortunately I did) then you would have seen that there was not one single actual incident reported in that thread. Just lots of fretting and stewing over markings and perceptions. There was no actual loss of or failed performance documented.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post

If your concern is along the lines of fit and finish, Colt is not the goal to strive for. If the concern is functionality, it is hard to beat.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^this^^^^^

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Although the outsourcing stuff is concerning and unfortunate, and just kinda bums me out given Colt's history with the AR, in the absence of any real evidence their current business practices are affecting quality, I'll still continue to recommend Colt to anyone who wants to just buy a good off the shelf complete AR and be done with it, and they would still be my first choice for that as well. If evidence begins to suggest there's a problem with current or future Colt's, than I'll change my opinion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Although the outsourcing stuff is concerning and unfortunate, and just kinda bums me out given Colt's history with the AR, in the absence of any real evidence their current business practices are affecting quality, I'll still continue to recommend Colt to anyone who wants to just buy a good off the shelf complete AR and be done with it, and they would still be my first choice for that as well. If evidence begins to suggest there's a problem with current or future Colt's, than I'll change my opinion.

I just bought my 6920 a few months ago. Shot fine right out of the box, and was almost perfectly sighted in.

The bolt carrier is not "C" marked, and Colt won't send me one that is. The bolt, upon close inspection, is "MPC" marked.

Some people are put off by the exterior finish of Colt rifles, but as was noted above, they're not making them pretty. They make battlefield / law enforcement guns, which means (1) the do have to work, and (2) they don't have to be pretty.

I like mine so far.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast