Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Is Colt still good?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    I understand because of the retarded laws we cannot get anything Imported from Colt Canada/Diemaco, but Colt Defense can manufacture the MRR upper here in the U.S. without issues.
    Except for that whole LMT MRP patent thing... They could make it here, just have to pay a royalty to Carl Lewis for each one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    I'm also a new CM762-16S owner. The "fit and finish" on my particular rifle is very good. The first time out, under less than perfect conditions, it produced several 1 to 1.25" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with Federal Gold Medal 168 SMKs. I'm extremely happy with the rifle.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    That is for the 6.5 Creedmore, correct? I can't find one in .308 with an 18" barrel.
    Correct, I would buy another 308 if they made a SS 20 inches. Maybe they will toss out a run. I wish the 6.5 was 20 inches, but whatever. But , I loaded a mag and got after some steal at 35 yards like a carbine and it felt good. Something I cant really do with my LMT beast. Pretty cool.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    No one is saying Colt quality has went down; what I said is they neglected their LE and commercial base. I am a huge Colt fan, especially their SOCOM barrels. Most of my rifles and uppers are Colt, to include a very rare 6941 monolithic upper. My 6945 on my SBR lower runs like a sewing machine.

Colt Defense has offered very gimmicky items instead of bring more innovative products to their customers. Colt Canada has become their de facto R&D, and some of their offerings to include their MRR uppers would be a hit in both the U.S. LE and commercial market. I understand because of the retarded laws we cannot get anything Imported from Colt Canada/Diemaco, but Colt Defense can manufacture the MRR upper here in the U.S. without issues.
    Not a chance in hell. Like I said, COLT's market focus is and always has been FMS. You're not the first and won't be the last to prophetically proclaim that you know what market COLT is neglecting and what it should do to make money. If you're so certain of commercial viability of an MRR upper, I'm sure you could talk COLT into making you 10,000 on a prepaid PO. You'd own the market and would spend the next 20 years trying to dump those things for cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    Not a chance in hell. Like I said, COLT's market focus is and always has been FMS. You're not the first and won't be the last to prophetically proclaim that you know what market COLT is neglecting and what it should do to make money. If you're so certain of commercial viability of an MRR upper, I'm sure you could talk COLT into making you 10,000 on a prepaid PO. You'd own the market and would spend the next 20 years trying to dump those things for cost.
    Sure, why not 20,000 units? I am sure I have a few million laying around.

If foreign military sales were so big and lucrative, why is Colt in financial problems? I have been using Colt products professionally for 21 years, and they always work for me. Not the prettiest cosmetically, but who cares? As long as they shoot everytime I pull the trigger I am happy. However, I think you are missing the point in what I am saying. If Colt doesn’t come out with anything innovative or cater to other customer bases, then even FMS won’t save them.
    Last edited by veeklog; 06-19-19 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    When did BCM become “LOL BCM”?

Also, when did Colt start coming with lifetime warranties?

When I bought my LOL BCM Colt still had a one year warranty.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    When did BCM become “LOL BCM”?

Also, when did Colt start coming with lifetime warranties?

When I bought my LOL BCM Colt still had a one year warranty.

God Bless,

Brandon
    I like my BCM rifles. Colts too. No LOL’s in my humble opinion.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718