Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is Colt still good?

Feedback Score
    If your barrel is parked under the FSB it just means the enemy is more likely to shoot you if they capture you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    In my looking around I did find this, somewhat humorous explanation of why parkerizing under the FSB is important:

The real distinction is this:

When SHTF, and you have to reach for those 100 loaded mags to ward off human-wave attacks, the mob will inspect your weapon to see if it has parkerizing under the front sight base.

If they see the park there, they'll say "Hmmmm . . . this guy's serious . . . he looks like a real arfcom survivalist . . . bet he even has expensive TAP ammo in every one of those mags . . . anybody that goes Tier One and spends three grand on SHTF ammo is too much for us. He'll mow us down like pot plants at harvest time . . . no siree, we're going to a different neighborhood, we are." And they'll look at you with a new respect in their eyes as they head toward easier pickings,

But if the mob sees no park under the base, they'll look at you like a wolf-pack looks at a baby elk. They'll say "This chump has a Bushmaster or other inferior rifle. He's not serious, he's a poser. I'll bet that's only XM193 in all those mags, too. He's too cheap to have a real gun and real ammo. We'll eat him for breakfast." And they'll proceed to wreak mayhem on you and yours.
    (TOS)
    Uni-Vibe's rhetoric is deathless.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Think about it this way.

What does this guy "Chris Bartocci" want?

He wants you to watch his videos, buy his books, etc.

Drama, intrigue, secrets are all the way to do that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I find Bartaloochee's videos on retro stuff interesting, but anytime he brings up current Colt products he just seems salty af.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I find Bartaloochee's videos on retro stuff interesting, but anytime he brings up current Colt products he just seems salty af.
    He has an hour long video with a few heaps of:

24-new-morton-salt-girl.w700.h467.2x.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpz8KTqoOhk

"Never meet your heroes, because they're sure to disappoint you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Not parkerizing under the FSB isn’t a deal breaker to me by itself. But that combined with the straight pinned gas block, semi auto carrier and carbine buffer adds up to a rifle I consider inferior to brands that build rifles to the proper spec like Colt and BCM’s fixed FSB models.

I don’t buy the thing about them not parkerizing under the FSB to get a tighter gas seal. Military M16s and M4s have had parkerizing under there for decades with no problems of that nature. Its the proper way to do things.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have several rifles with straight pins and spiral pins. I died because of it.

Edit: I agree that carbine buffers and semi carriers are lame.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-20-19 at 12:55. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Not parkerizing under the FSB isn’t a deal breaker to me by itself. But that combined with the straight pinned gas block, semi auto carrier and carbine buffer adds up to a rifle I consider inferior to brands that build rifles to the proper spec like Colt and BCM’s fixed FSB models.
    All things this forum would deem 'hobby grade garbage', but I suppose it depends whose name is on the side.

It's always fun to see what is accepted from certain companies while being completely rejected from others.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'll have to say that after buying my 6920-Trooper, I have really come to enjoy it and Colt in general.

I just bought a 6933 upper from Brownells (no-BCG/CH) for $399 with the 10% off coupon to give a pistol lower I have an upper.

Upper came in the white & blue Colt box, was well assembled with the CAGE code on the upper and barrel - no "C" on the upper, but dry lube inside the upper and the exterior of the whole setup was lubed as well.

No rush to get it together (the pistol lower is mostly to take my SBR upper out of state easily if I want), but for $400 I think it's a very nice deal. Cheaper than a non-BFH BCM 11.5" for a simple, basic SBR length upper.

Feedback Score
    Colts just run. My cousin and I have 1.5 year old 6920s. Both are more accurate than they should be and have zero problems. All we changed was the triggers. The barrels aren't even floated.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast