Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39 AR questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TH76251556 View Post
    The AR was built and designed to shoot the .223/5.56 cartdrige.
    It was initially designed for 5.56x45, but with the advances in technology since its initial design it will shoot a number of other cartridges reliably. Same holds for 7.62x39 and the AK. You can now literally choose your platform independently of the cartridge you choose.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It was initially designed for 5.56x45, but with the advances in technology since its initial design it will shoot a number of other cartridges reliably. Same holds for 7.62x39 and the AK. You can now literally choose your platform independently of the cartridge you choose.
    Thank you for a dose of the real world. Elitists suck. There is the 5.56AK's out there now. Don't tell the above guy as he is a legend in his own mind............

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    Well I have a couple of both, ARs & AKs in 7.62x39.
    Both are reliable. I like AKs but there’s way more aftermarket goodies for ARs, and It’s easier to mount optics.
    If you shoot out an AR barrel, it’s simple to replace.
    Break a bolt? You can swap out a bolt pretty quickly with no special tools.
    Most 7.62x39 uppers run fine on std. lowers too. $300 will get you a decent budget upper and a few mags if you already have a 5.56 AR.
    Just my preference. I can change AR mags faster than I can rock n lock an AK mag, and LRHO is nice.
    I tried some BHO AK mags, not the same, they let the bolt close on mag changes so I don’t see an advantage. I even cut out my safety on my WASR to hold the bolt open but it’s another step.

If you do find you’re not getting reliable ignition and you’re already running an enhanced firing pin, then the next step is more hammer force. Like a Wolff xtra power hammer spring. In a single stage trigger that makes for a heavy trigger pull, but if that does fix your ignition problem, then bump up to an inexpensive 2 stage trigger. I run a RRA 2 stage with an xtra power spring in my AR pistol, a light pull and touches off everything.

If you want a nicer trigger than that, I put a Hiperfire 24e in my carbine lower, which shares a 5.45x39 upper too. Use the std. weight spring instead of the light spring it comes with, that touches off any commercial or surplus 7.62x39 or 5.45x39.
    Another voice, with experience in the world of current development and technology. Glad the .22LR people didn't have that silly attitude. Wait a minute.............22lr isn't designed to run in an AR15!!! don't tell S&W................

Feedback Score
    one of my favorites to shoot. 14.25" KAK CHF barrel with LANTAC P&W.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    one of my favorites to shoot. 14.25" KAK CHF barrel with LANTAC P&W.
    Yeah boy!! I have a 10.5" upper from Alpha Shooting Sports that was a Father's day Special hopefully shippping next week.

I have never shot a carbine length AR47. Both of mine are middiies. I think my 10.5 is a carbine length. CHF nitride. https://cdn3.volusion.com/xqnvg.gugz...jpg?1555610141
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 06-30-19 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    I've got a PSA upper that runs great with an H3 buffer, ASC 20 round mags, Primary Arms 3X prism.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    I've got a PSA upper that runs great with an H3 buffer, ASC 20 round mags, Primary Arms 3X prism.
    Very nice! I have one of those 3X PA scopes. I bought a "blem" for $219 or so(?) I have mounted it. Haven't taken it out yet. Love the camo paint!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Very nice! I have one of those 3X PA scopes. I bought a "blem" for $219 or so(?) I have mounted it. Haven't taken it out yet. Love the camo paint!!
    I like the 3X a lot (also have 5X on a 5.556). The ACSS reticle track very close. With the 7.62x39 it's easy to engage watermelon size rocks on a dry hillside out to 500+ yards. Loads of fun.

Paint is Rustoleum from wallyworld. After the tan base coat, I sprayed the brown accents through some dry grass. Turns out pretty good.

Feedback Score
    Another one to add that the Windham Weaponry SRC in 762x39 is flawless. Only trouble i had was some 154 grain soft points in a 5 round mag. They worked in a 30 rounder but not the 5. Mags are ASC mages for the 762x39. Other then that, it can go 500 rounds in a range trip and not malfunction once (all the ammo i bring normally). Very accurate at 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    The KS-47 is AR-15 sized with a std. AR-15 7.62x39 bolt and a custom cut carrier for AK mags.
    PSA calls it a hybrid and is the same carrier they now put in their 7.62x39 ARs that run AR type mags as well..
    I am running a PSA FA5.56 NIB carrier with a Young MFGing bolt in one of my AR47's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast