Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39 AR questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got a cheap BCA upper for 190 shipped
    I’ve put about 200-300 of silver bear soft points thru it and no malfs yet. I’d say it is about 4-5 moa.

It’s for hunting pigs in brush with shots much less than 50 yards.

It’s not meant for home use but could in a pinch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    one of my favorites to shoot. 14.25" KAK CHF barrel with LANTAC P&W.

Where'd you get the 7.62x39 dust cover?

Feedback Score
    Squirrel Daddy makes any dust cover

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchocap View Post
    https://www.jsesurplus.com/JSECustom...rAssembly.aspx
    https://tacticalgunjunkie.com/engrav...-7-62x39-text/ There is others out there.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After shooting Russian .223 in an unlined carbon steel barrel and seeing it corrode rapidly and seeing a 3 gun shooter have the same issue with a 7.62×39 upper, I would vote for chrome or nitride on as many internal surfaces as possible.

Feedback Score
    I got it from ManVentureOutpost back in 2016. I don't see it listed on their website anymore, but as others have said, there are other sources now. Back then it was harder to find it engraved on both sides.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    I've got a PSA upper that runs great with an H3 buffer, ASC 20 round mags, Primary Arms 3X prism.

I am also looking for a setup like this and was checking out PSA, Bear Creak, Windham Weaponry, and Ghost / Grid Defense.

What are the specs on the PSA barrel? On the website it really just says 4150. Is it parkerized? Melonite? Unfinished internally?

I’m concerned about purchasing any barrel that hasn’t been at least QPQ’ed or chrome lined due to steel 7.62 ammo.

Windham and Ghost seem to fit those specs but there isn’t much out there on Ghost. They seem to be a builder and again not much detail on specs, nor warranty, nor a large sample of people who use their stuff. They’re less than half price of Windham, but I’m wary about playing Russian Roulette.

Feedback Score
    Mine had the melonite finish. 1/10 twist, heavy profile behind the FSB. I tried to slug the bore with a 00 Buck pellet. Seems to be around .309" best I can tell. It shoots .308" handloads under 2 moa (Hornady 155gr ELD-M, 2140 fps)

Feedback Score
    I am also looking for a setup like this and was checking out PSA, Bear Creak, Windham Weaponry, and Ghost / Grid Defense.

What are the specs on the PSA barrel? On the website it really just says 4150. Is it parkerized? Melonite? Unfinished internally?

I’m concerned about purchasing any barrel that hasn’t been at least QPQ’ed or chrome lined due to steel 7.62 ammo.
    I only shoot the Wolf steel-cased ammo, just to clarify, the projectile is FMJ, copper jacketed. I use 7.62x39 barrels from KAK, Faxon, Anderson Mfg, and BCA. mostly melonited (i.e. QPQ, nitrided) 4150 CMV. no issues, barrel bore still looks as good as day 1. I like the KAK's and the Faxon's, although the Anderson and BCA, while not as pretty, shoot just as good. Again, only shooting the Wolf steel case. My only reason for getting into 7.62x39 is cheap 30-cal boolitts. The "fun factor".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast