Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wilson TTU vs Geissele SSP

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Wilson TTU MIL with anti-walk pins for $160 on sale, couldn’t say no to 20% off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    excellent buy. but i can say that the wilson units are well designed so don't need anti-walks. they are one of the few cassette triggers that don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    excellent buy. but i can say that the wilson units are well designed so don't need anti-walks. they are one of the few cassette triggers that don't.
    I figured but they nudged the cart total just over $200 for the discount to kick in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Standards don't change as often as trends and popularity of a product or manufacturer. TDP specs haven't changed much, so for many of us, these dimensions and tolerances are our guidelines.

I think the standard you're referring to is more of the adopted, or perceived variety that are not necessarily on the books as minimum conditions to meet. My standards may be set higher than others, but they'd be mine, they're not necessarily compatible, or similar to ones held by others, they're not published and adhered to by anyone but my company, thus I don't impose them on anyone but ourselves, as they're not applicable to anyone but us. Anyway, we may be parsing words and reading too much into it

Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Roger, this isn’t a ding against you personally. This post is, however, emblematic of a sentiment that I don’t get, which seems pervasive on the forum.

Firstly, YES, we are a fickle bunch. If Any company is riding a wave top we will say that they have all the solutions to all of our problems. If that company gets surpassed and stops innovating we will forget them quickly. I’ve been guilty of that myself on so many occasions.

Secondly, and this is what I find typified in the post, I see a lot of posts about how something isn’t the standard when in fact it is. The collective internet hive mind of gun folks thinks “mil spec” is super important. Most folks don’t know what that means, but it’s super important to them, so they love to talk about it and they buy things from companies that sell “mil spec” stuff, even if it isn’t. I bet “Colt” and “TDP” have been used 10k times on this forum as a benchmark. For good reason too; Colt builds the standard. For all intents and purposes, one can purchase this standard (within the limits of tyranny) for a paltry sum of around $800. ‘Merica!

Things go off the rails about other stuff that is absolutely standardized, though. Take this atopic of triggers that aren’t GI; there are standards, they just don’t jive with some opinions. I can think of two non Colt/FN/contract vendor GI triggers. They are the Geissele SSF and the KAC two stage. They are officially adopted triggers that are held to a specified standard put forth by the military. Guess what? They are “mil-spec.”

Same goes for .308 gas guns. There are a few officially adopted .308 gas guns. There have been for decades. The main one has gone through a few iterations, just like the M16 FOW. Those iterations were specified and subsequently adopted by the military. Mil-spec. That rifle is of course the SR-25, type classified by a few different monickers. The Mk17 is also a “mil spec” .308 gas gun.

I realize this is slightly off topic, but people keep saying over and over that there isn’t a standard for certain things when there is. Plenty of other items get the same treatment, but I don’t want to totally derail things. The point is that just because the price of admission is cost prohibitive or a given person may like something else better doesn’t mean there isn’t a standard. So while the guy whom called a certain Geissele product “standard” was wrong about the specific product, it is derived from something that actually is.

Flame on haters.

Again, Roger, this isn’t a slight against you, but your post just carried what I thought was a sentiment that needed addressing in general. I see these ideas getting used a lot.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-05-19 at 09:55.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased two SSA-E's from either PSA or Primary Arms a couple years back for $170.00 each to my mailbox. My first Geissele was from Geissele direct way back relatively speaking, it was electro pencil numbered/etched and I believe it was marketed simply as the Geissele Super Semi Auto trigger and IIRC I paid $178.00. If any of these three ever get FUBAR I will be getting the MTB from LaRue to try as a replacement.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Real funeral arrangers concern themselves more with footwear and booze than triggers.
    The repartee between Nongshim, 1168, and Roger has been really great. M4C has it's moments, and this was definitely one of them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456