Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson TTU vs Geissele SSP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I've had a TTU for years, then I had a Hiperfire 3 gun single stage, both are superb triggers. The Hiperfire has way too many parts, so it got replaced with an SSP. My first reaction was "why did I spend more to get the same trigger?" Don't buy into the hype.
    So, Duffy, you think the TTU is the way to go?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uurys View Post
    So, Duffy, you think the TTU is the way to go?
    Remember that the ssa-e is the industry standard for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You'll be well served by an ATC, Hiperfire (not the one with extra springs, rods and clips) and Wilson, let's not forget the old and established makers like JP, KAC, etc. that seem to have yielded to the new comers, but are very much as viable as ever. I'm not voting against SSP.

SSP is a good trigger, it's in my test gun, I like it well enough, but is it worth the asking price? I got it with dealer discount, which doesn't amount to much, G undercuts dealer all the time. If Mark can sell his wire EDM MBT at $87 and still makes a profit, how much margin are you paying for a cast trigger at $240? These triggers are not priced reasonably, but based on what people are willing to pay.

Not sure about any G trigger as the industry standard, there's entirely too much fanboyism and hype surrounding some companies. Remember the old saying "If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the option", how many people still say that? Fans are a fickle bunch, loyalties may change as often and swift as the winds.
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-23-19 at 11:31.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Remember that the ssa-e is the industry standard for a reason.

Opinions are extremely subjective and like Duffy said, fanboyism runs rampant. I'm not saying you are, but the industry says different when it comes to available options. I have a significant number of G triggers, including an SSP, but I will more than likely never buy anything from G in the future, especially with the MBT being as close as it is and at a far better value, as well as the way that they are handling the issue with the URG-I kits for DOD.
    Last edited by drtywk; 04-23-19 at 17:59.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fanboyism is not helpful to the users that might not know better but believe what many are raving about, it also has an adverse effect if the company starts to believe in the fan fueled hype, and thinks everything it does is automatically the best.

The real losers are the users.
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-23-19 at 16:48.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Fanboyism is not helpful to the users that might not know better but believe what many are raving about, it also has an adverse effect if the company starts to believe in the fan fueled hype, and thinks everything it does is automatically the best.

The real losers are the users.
    I own about 80 rifles with every trigger that you can think of. No fanboy here.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't say you were, and didn't think you were. If I did, I still wouldn't have accused you of it
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I own about 80 rifles with every trigger that you can think of. No fanboy here.

80 rifles! Wow! The only thing I have 80 of is dollars...lol.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    80 rifles! Wow! The only thing I have 80 of is dollars...lol.
    Those are rookie numbers. Get a wife and you will have $8

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Those are rookie numbers. Get a wife and you will have $8

I got one, and things have definitely eased up on the gun buying.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast